Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD"

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

By their fruits ye shall know them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdGoXyVBEA

Skip to 4:40...

She won't say who did it... HMMMMM

Was she in Hugh Nibler's ward? LOL!
Last edited by Ask Jeeves [Bot] on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Ray A

Re: Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD&quo

Post by _Ray A »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Was she in Hugh Nibler's ward? LOL!

This is a serious slander, and principled exmos here should stand up to this.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD&

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Ray A wrote:

Yeah, quick! Someone call Paul! He LOVES the Nibler!
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Yeah, quick! Someone call Paul! He LOVES the Nibler!

Whatever Paul's differences with "the Nibler", I suspect he would not stoop to your level.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Ray,

I'm confused. I thought that, in your new paradigm, there is no such thing as a "principled exmormon"?

Many of us have already objected to PP's "sense of humor". I'm not going to run after him chastising him every time. You have odd expectations from exmormons, in fact, higher standards for exmormons than Mormons. I don't see you reminding people on MAD to fuss at Mormons when they say offensive things. If you've done so, provide some links and I'll retract this particular accusation, but as far as I can see, you are far more concerned, even obsessively concerned, with exmormon bad behavior than you are by Mormon bad behavior. (odd, given how it's the believers who represent CHRIST under your paradigm, not exmormons) You not only expect "principled exmormons" (again, something you don't believe exists) to police each other constantly on THIS board, but on RFM too. Do you still hold us all morally culpable for the worst things said over there, simply because we are also exmormons, and don't, somehow, control all other exmormons? Do you also blame all Muslims for the actions of a few? Could we blame all Mormons for MMM, too?

I think your time would be better spent policing your own behavior. You have quite a bit of work to do on that front. Remember motes and beams? I'd guess that what Jesus wants you to fix first is yourself. Clean up your act in your interactions with others on internet boards. (to say nothing of getting your act together and doing what the LORD GOD has made clear he wants you to do, and it ain't pattern yourself after Porter Rockwell). But instead you're spending time on exmormon boards, behaving badly and then telling exmormons to control each other. And of course, we all know why you prefer to do that than actually work on yourself - fixing yourself is actually WORK. This isn't. You get to spend five seconds typing words and then feel proud of yourself for "choosing the right".

PP -

Remember there is no clear evidence that Nibley sexually abused his daughter. She wrote a book making the accusation, but most family members denied this was true, although they all seem to agree that it was a disturbed family, even without sexual abuse. Of course, usually when children are sexually abused, the abuser doesn't advertise it and the victim hides it in shame, so there is no reason to think any other family member would know. Martha, however, created problems for herself by engaging in trying to "recover" memories (although she specified that she had memories of the sexual abuse that didn't have to be "recovered"). But this affected her reliability.

I think Nibley's clear sin is deliberately misleading gullible believers with his "spaghetti on the wall" tactics and support all criticism of that. Whether or not he sexually abused Martha, as she claimed, is something only the two of them likely know.

Marie mentioned being sexually abused before. I think it was a neighbor, If I recall correctly, although she has never named names. It is clear that she is a troubled woman, which really isn't a joking matter, and neither is sexual abuse. I have felt sorry for her for years. Clearly, money and fame is not the great bargain many believe it to be, based on the fact that so many of them are troubled, particularly the child stars like Marie.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Ray A wrote:

If only I knew who Hugh Nibler was...
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

beastie wrote:Of course, usually when children are sexually abused, the abuser doesn't advertise it and the victim hides it in shame, so there is no reason to think any other family member would know.

In addition, the overwhelming majority of pedophiles target more than one victim over their "career" (although I don't know the exact percentage), so the fact that no one else has ever made such an accusation against Nibley is in itself evidence of his innocence.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Dr. Shades wrote:
beastie wrote:Of course, usually when children are sexually abused, the abuser doesn't advertise it and the victim hides it in shame, so there is no reason to think any other family member would know.

In addition, the overwhelming majority of pedophiles target more than one victim over their "career" (although I don't know the exact percentage), so the fact that no one else has ever made such an accusation against Nibley is in itself evidence of his innocence.

Many families will protect the pedophile, , especially if it was their father or close relative. It's possible the other members of the family didn't want their abuse to be made public and lied about it to protect their family name. I know quite a few friends and extended family who were molested by Uncles, fathers, etc. and the level of secrecy, and protection of the pedophile by other family members is sickening.

Martha Beck loses credibility because these memories were "recovered" through hypnosis of some kind so I can understand why Nibley is presumed innocent. I have a cousin who was molested by an Uncle but didn't remember any of it. Her sister was older and was a witness and victim to it. Her memories of it had to be "recovered."

Something else to think about....every homosexual I personally know (many) and those in the media who go public with their history, were sexually abused/molested in their childhood. I wouldn't doubt if Martha Beck honestly had a history of sexual abuse.
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence...
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Seven wrote:Something else to think about....every homosexual I personally know (many) and those in the media who go public with their history, were sexually abused/molested in their childhood. I wouldn't doubt if Martha Beck honestly had a history of sexual abuse.

Are you saying a person's sexual orientation is somehow linked to being sexually abused in childhood? I thought that myth had been laid to rest.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Re: Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD&quo

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:By their fruits ye shall know them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdGoXyVBEA

Skip to 4:40...

She won't say who did it... HMMMMM

Was she in Hugh Nibler's ward? LOL!

Anyone else find it disconcerting that someone is hinting at accusing someone of child abuse and finds it funny?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo