Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Yes, Nehor, that is why I said this:

Marie mentioned being sexually abused before. I think it was a neighbor, If I recall correctly, although she has never named names. It is clear that she is a troubled woman, which really isn't a joking matter, and neither is sexual abuse. I have felt sorry for her for years. Clearly, money and fame is not the great bargain many believe it to be, based on the fact that so many of them are troubled, particularly the child stars like Marie.

I'm not PP's mother or keeper, but I do wish he would think about his "jokes" before he makes them. I usually just ignore them.

PP, if your daughter had been molested, would you still make jokes about it on the internet?
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Anyone else find it disconcerting that someone is hinting at accusing someone of child abuse and finds it funny?

But all the guys at the Seven-eleven parking lot thought it was hilarious!
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Heh, snicker, snort.

Pass me the nachos dude.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

beastie wrote:Yes, Nehor, that is why I said this:

Marie mentioned being sexually abused before. I think it was a neighbor, If I recall correctly, although she has never named names. It is clear that she is a troubled woman, which really isn't a joking matter, and neither is sexual abuse. I have felt sorry for her for years. Clearly, money and fame is not the great bargain many believe it to be, based on the fact that so many of them are troubled, particularly the child stars like Marie.

I'm not PP's mother or keeper, but I do wish he would think about his "jokes" before he makes them. I usually just ignore them.

PP, if your daughter had been molested, would you still make jokes about it on the internet?

If my duaghter had been molested would I make jokes about it? Hell no dumbass, I'd be to busy hunting the sombitch down. DUH?

What a bunch of wet blankets.

Yes I thought about, and CAME UP with the punch line.

You whiners will laugh at similar jokes told by Leno, Letterman, etc, so get over it already.

that's all it was, a joke with key pieces from these "famous Mormons" linking their pathetic lives together all for a yuk.

Do I really believe Marie was molested? Do I really believe Hugh Nibler did what his adult daughter claims he did?

Does it really matter? I really don't care if it happened. They both are kooky Mormons and I linked em together for you all to have a chuckle.

She is in a publicity slump and since she is garmet wearing molly Mormon she cannot pull a Brittany for free publicity by club hopping with no undies and doing crotch shots for the reporters.(Apologies for THAT mental image).. SO she does the next thing for some free publicity. I WAS SEXUALLY MO'lested.. oh and by the way I have new line of dolls on QVC called Molly'lested, and a dollar from each $119 doll sale will go towards a womans shelter in a distant unnamed city.

So stop taking posts like this serious. Unless there are Marie fans out there. Now go watch some Letterman or Leno show on the boobtube.
Last edited by Ask Jeeves [Bot] on Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Who Knows wrote:Heh, snicker, snort.

Pass me the nachos dude.
With jalapeños?
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: Marie Osmond: "I was SEXUALLY ABUSED as a CHILD&

Post by _Mercury »

Ray A wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Was she in Hugh Nibler's ward? LOL!

This is a serious slander, and principled exmos here should stand up to this.

Get bent ray
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

One thing is for sure. If we were able to prove that sexual abuse never occured and Marie Osmond was lying, she would walk away scott free regardless of what effect it had on the people she accused. So while we have to take her accusations very seriously and assume they are true whether she is crazy or not, she can always back out later with the old, "I'm crazy," excuse. I just love it.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

I hate Letterman and Leno. Their jokes are too often aimed at belittlement and misrepresentation. One of the reasons I stopped getting cable and satellite and don't have rabbit ears is to avoid any of my money going to people like them.

I recently heard gives me something in common with Porter.

(Checks to see if there are any pigs flying outside) Nope, not here anyways.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

ajax18 wrote:One thing is for sure. If we were able to prove that sexual abuse never occured and Marie Osmond was lying, she would walk away scott free regardless of what effect it had on the people she accused.

She could be sued for defamation of character in a civil suit.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

This is not a new claim that Marie has suddenly trotted out. She's said this for years.

by the way, I watch Leno, and don't recall him ever making this sort of joke.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com