Truth about Mormon missionaries

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Truth about Mormon missionaries

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Another informative clip by chimyron!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg6EBwMoC1U
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Right at the beginning you hear the missionaries LIE

The scene where they are talking about smith and his first vision then they said "they called him to be a prophet, just like in times before..."

REAALLLYY?

NONE of smith story ever uses such a sentence of "....and he/they called me to be a prophet..."

Am I wrong? Was there ever a time in his story that he was explicitly told that was being called to be a prophet?
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Right at the beginning you hear the missionaries LIE

The scene where they are talking about smith and his first vision then they said "they called him to be a prophet, just like in times before..."

REAALLLYY?

NONE of smith story ever uses such a sentence of "....and he/they called me to be a prophet..."

Am I wrong? Was there ever a time in his story that he was explicitly told that was being called to be a prophet?

Yaaaaawn!!!!!
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Jason Bourne wrote:Yaaaaawn!!!!!
You looked sucka.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Yaaaaawn!!!!!
You looked sucka.

And when I saw how dumb you were being it put me to sleep.

Read teh D&C. Try section 20 and 21 and 5. This is from memory right now. I need to go to sleep
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Right at the beginning you hear the missionaries LIE

REAALLLYY?

In my version of the Discussions it read something like (paraphrased from memory), "Through this and other experiences Joseph was called as a Prophet."

Nice try though.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo