Stake President called to schedule an "interview"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Stake President called to schedule an "interview"

Post by _Mercury »

I stated that there was no need for an interview. The stake secretary held his composure but did that fake-clearing-of-the-throat thing. I stated that we could have a conversation, as I enjoy talking to him and tying his testiphony up in knots.

A month or more ago the SP and I had a candid conversation at a ward Luau. I laid it down hard on him, calling his assumptions ldicrous.

This guy must like self abuse.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Very good. I will try and keep this clean enough to remain on the middle forum :)

Basically, his pretend secretary called you and said that his pretend boss would like to exercise his pretend authority over you and interrogate you.

You simply said no, hell no, I don't believe in pretend powers and that you not only did not recognize his pretend authority, but you held no respect for it either!

You were cordial and said if he wants to chat with you, it would be fine as you are a friendly guy and chat with just about everyone.

I did go in and speak with the bishop at the beginning of this three years ago. I still remember the look of bewildered disbelief on his face when he was smacked in the face with the blatant realization that I did not recognize or respect his pretend position or the dominion he thought he wielded over me. That was a great moment seeing him reduced to a common man.

One mistake I think I made was telling him I did not pray about all of the evidences. I just did not see the point.

My wife learned from my oversight and told him that she prayed and continues with that front with her parents.

They have no rebuttal when you tell them you prayed and GOD told you certain things. It seems to dumbfound them.. How could a member get a different "feeling" than them?

Bottom line Merc, just like telemarketers, draw your boundaries and let him know where they are. Once he crosses these boundaries then he, just like a telemarketer that you politely turn down, he is there for your amusement. F' with his mind!

Its not a matter of if, but when he crosses your boundaries cuz he is full of himself.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Exactly!

I'm going to take my case from the get go - Destroy any semblance of respect one cold possibly have for Joseph Smith. Their world stands or fails on his character. Fortunately for me and the overwhelming majority, this is not difficult at all.

I will start with a history lesson, mention Nibleys laughable "if its true ill eat my temple reccomend" statement. Then ill build to a Kirtland anti-bank crescendo. No confidence man, no confidence game.

This is going to be easy. The hard part will be countering the signal to noise ratio., the large laughable "but..." counters turning my questions around in a laughable manner wherein it would take too long to explain why they were wrong, thus wasting time.

I assume they will admonish me to pray and to do the Book of Mormon rain dance. I expect them to make asses out of themselves after providing a modicum of cordiality.

I expect to shred their world, at least for a shortwhile until the cognitive dissonance kick in.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Mercury wrote:Exactly!

I'm going to take my case from the get go - Destroy any semblance of respect one cold possibly have for Joseph Smith. Their world stands or fails on his character. Fortunately for me and the overwhelming majority, this is not difficult at all.

I will start with a history lesson, mention Nibleys laughable "if its true ill eat my temple reccomend" statement. Then ill build to a Kirtland anti-bank crescendo. No confidence man, no confidence game.

This is going to be easy. The hard part will be countering the signal to noise ratio., the large laughable "but..." counters turning my questions around in a laughable manner wherein it would take too long to explain why they were wrong, thus wasting time.

I assume they will admonish me to pray and to do the Book of Mormon rain dance. I expect them to make asses out of themselves after providing a modicum of cordiality.

I expect to shred their world, at least for a shortwhile until the cognitive dissonance kick in.

If I could only be there to watch!

If you tell them that you did not feel the need to pray about facts, they will discredit you from then on. Additionally, do not tell him your feelings on god, if they are not inline with general christianity, he will have no other rebuttal except to label you.

After the my third visit with our bishop, he got to the point that he told my wife that he was no match for my knowledge and said he did not want to discuss any more.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: Stake President called to schedule an "interview&qu

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Mercury wrote:I stated that there was no need for an interview. The stake secretary held his composure but did that fake-clearing-of-the-throat thing. I stated that we could have a conversation, as I enjoy talking to him and tying his testiphony up in knots.

A month or more ago the SP and I had a candid conversation at a ward Luau. I laid it down hard on him, calling his assumptions ldicrous.

This guy must like self abuse.

You are jsut so wonderously brilliant and have everyone running scared. It is amazing.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Very good. I will try and keep this clean enough to remain on the middle forum :)

Basically, his pretend secretary called you and said that his pretend boss would like to exercise his pretend authority over you and interrogate you.

You simply said no, hell no, I don't believe in pretend powers and that you not only did not recognize his pretend authority, but you held no respect for it either!

You were cordial and said if he wants to chat with you, it would be fine as you are a friendly guy and chat with just about everyone.

I did go in and speak with the bishop at the beginning of this three years ago. I still remember the look of bewildered disbelief on his face when he was smacked in the face with the blatant realization that I did not recognize or respect his pretend position or the dominion he thought he wielded over me. That was a great moment seeing him reduced to a common man.

One mistake I think I made was telling him I did not pray about all of the evidences. I just did not see the point.

My wife learned from my oversight and told him that she prayed and continues with that front with her parents.

They have no rebuttal when you tell them you prayed and GOD told you certain things. It seems to dumbfound them.. How could a member get a different "feeling" than them?

Bottom line Merc, just like telemarketers, draw your boundaries and let him know where they are. Once he crosses these boundaries then he, just like a telemarketer that you politely turn down, he is there for your amusement. F' with his mind!

Its not a matter of if, but when he crosses your boundaries cuz he is full of himself.

Another one that is so impressed with his own brilliance. Were I your bishop or SP I would be happy to leave you alone. You are both friggin legends in your own arrogant minds.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Why are you bothering with the interview, Merc? I thought your immediate family (wife, kids) were out of the Church. Are they still active? Is that why the Stake President is pursuing you?

Sorry if you have answered this before. I'm trying to keep everyone's story straight.

;)
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Mercury wrote:Exactly!

Oooooooo you are sooooo scary. I am amazed your SP does not ask to resign ASAP.

How funny it is to watch the two most foolish exmo's here give each other high fives. Idiots.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

After the my third visit with our bishop, he got to the point that he told my wife that he was no match for my knowledge and said he did not want to discuss any more.

Your bishop must be pretty damn dumb then because your knowledge in anything but daunting.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

liz3564 wrote:Why are you bothering with the interview, Merc? I thought your immediate family (wife, kids) were out of the Church. Are they still active? Is that why the Stake President is pursuing you?

Sorry if you have answered this before. I'm trying to keep everyone's story straight.

;)

Any respectable exmo would just politley state they are not members and have no interest in pursuing things. I am nots sure mercury is an exmo. I believe his wife and kids are still members.