Stake President called to schedule an "interview"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Ray A wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:HypoCriteMo

Just holding you all against the standards of the church that you claim membership and support of, that's all. ;)

I hope Liz finally wakes up to what she's been befriending here. But I doubt she'd realise that this is the sentiment most exmos here hold about her. Their silent scorn is breathtaking. At least Poly calls it "as it is". By the way, Poly, F*** you.

Oh Ray, don't cry, not everyone is supposed to flagrantly compliment you in order to win your allegiance. :-)
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

GIMR wrote:Oh Ray, don't cry, not everyone is supposed to flagrantly compliment you in order to win your allegiance. :-)

Oh that's a change. I thought everyone was supposed to compliment me to win my allegiance?
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:And any respectable Mormon leader would state politely that they will RESPECT the wishes of the person they are attempting to interrogate.

Fight fire with fire.

You see I do not notice that Merc politely asked not to be bothered. If he did and is still being bugged then I am ok with him escalating his response. But I see no fire here. Just rants.

In your eyes you always see rants jason, because its how you interpret that which you wish you could express.

Come on over to our side. The waters nice. Its not as bitter.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

In your eyes you always see rants jason, because its how you interpret that which you wish you could express.

No Merc, no phsyco babble here. I just see you and PP ranting. I have no latent desire to rant.

I am sorry I do see bitterness from you.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:

No Merc, no phsyco babble here. I just see you and PP ranting. I have no latent desire to rant.

I am sorry I do see bitterness from you.

You mask your bitterness for the church by hating those who are so open about their own bitterness.

My "bitterness" is constructive. Yours is debilitating.
Lost in time
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

The very idea of an adult like Mercury with the attitudinal stance and intellect of a 16 year old grunger is frankly, beyond serious consideration.

What really enrages Mercury; what really brings out all the black, Satanic rage and vitriol, is that he cannot, and he knows perfectly well that he cannot, tie up the testimony of anyone. He may be able to anger and fluster others with his arrogant, clever barbs and underhanded one liners, (and an alienated, rebellious teenager usually thinks he has won an argument when he has done that) but he cannot do anything about their testimony.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

You mask your bitterness for the church by hating those who are so open about their own bitterness.

Really, how many transparent, facile rationalizations can you come up with Mercury? Do you really not understand that we can see right through you?

Its not the Church that you really despise...but yourself.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Coggins7 wrote:The very idea of an adult like Mercury with the attitudinal stance and intellect of a 16 year old grunger is frankly, beyond serious consideration.

What really enrages Mercury; what really brings out all the black, Satanic rage and vitriol, is that he cannot, and he knows perfectly well that he cannot, tie up the testimony of anyone. He may be able to anger and fluster others with his arrogant, clever barbs and underhanded one liners, (and an alienated, rebellious teenager usually thinks he has won an argument when he has done that) but he cannot do anything about their testimony.

You poor, sad little boy. You do not understand my purposes and motivations. One can not convince a Mormon to leave the LDS church than a ardent Leninist leave soviet russia during the seventies. Those who I converse with are hardened in heart and entrenched. Their family would reject them, some would lose business ties and on top of all that self reinvention would be needed.

Unlike you, them and others I am more flexible. I take on new ideas and can take an objective opinion. I have a knowledge of many points of issue with the LDS organization and can lay out several to them.

Your laughable assertion has a smidgen of truth but the rest are mass distortions bent on making your image of me in line with what you think it should be. Your interpretation is not correct as usual. Get used to masturbating out yet another "mercury is full of it" as I post next. ou will be proven wrong, once again.
Lost in time
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I'm with Who Knows.....tell him to piss off (nicely of course). Why antagonize the dude if your wife still has to deal with him?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Coggins7 wrote:

Really, how many transparent, facile rationalizations can you come up with Mercury? Do you really not understand that we can see right through you?

Its not the Church that you really despise...but yourself.

Yah, i hate myself. I hate myself because the Mormon church is true, I know its true and yet I find it despicable. Whos conflicted now?

Coggy you can't stand me and others because you know deep down that your in a state of BS'ing your psyche. You know that the story does not make sense. You got baptized because of a girl I bet, or was it some drifter you picked up at a highway rest stop?
Lost in time