LDS Sexuality

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

And yes, I think that quite a few of them don’t get enough sex.

That's a pretty fair statement, especially since there is no possible way to have sex morally until after you're 21 years old. It's definitely one of the least pleasant parts about being a Mormon man. I'm not sure any man ever gets enough sex though. Sex certailnly gets men into lots of trouble and lots of bad relationships.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Jersey Girl wrote:Nehor
Are you joking in the above comments or are you serious? I'm not trying to cut you down here, I'm asking because I can't tell.

I believe what I said to be true but I also tried to make it funny. So both.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The Nehor wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Nehor
Are you joking in the above comments or are you serious? I'm not trying to cut you down here, I'm asking because I can't tell.

I believe what I said to be true but I also tried to make it funny. So both.

Geez, I was afraid of that! Let's look at what you wrote:

Beauty of heaven. Honey-do lists can be handled by speaking and looking and seeing that it is good. I assume PMS will NOT be there. Pregnancy will be a painless breeze. With eternity and an infinite amount of time to do anything and everything I don't think I'd have a problem with polygamy or polyandry. At any moment being omniscient I'll know exactly how a woman feels about me so what jealousy or envy could exist?

You do realize, don't you, that everything you listed above has to do with womanhood? Are there any male issues that you think will be cleared up when you're exalted? Linear thinking comes to mind...
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Hi Seven,

One of the jokes I often hear that really irritates me is when women will say "my husband can barely handle me, let alone other wives.." Men will often say the same thing about their wives. It's degrading to women when I hear this repeated.
As if we are so horrible to be married to! Marraige is tough work on both sides.

I agree!

I have heard this a lot and every time I want to cringe.

It is so rude to hear from a man, and so sad to hear from a woman.

As you state, the jokes are there to try to diminish, repress, or ignore the reality. Understandable, and yet to me, there is nothing funny about the degradation, cruelty, and sorrow that is polygamy.

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I read wife No 19 last night and it was just heartbreaking! I've read other accounts of modern polygamy (not here in the United States) and the pain it causes, but I've never read anything the likes of what Ann Eliza Webb wrote.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

So, I talked to another woman I know about plural marriage and how this doctrine impacts here marriage if at all. This person is my oldest daughter.

She said she would be honest about it.

So, she says on a day to day basis polygamy had little impact on her marriage and the emotional or sexual intimacies. However, she despised plural marriage and has "threatened my husband with pain and death if I died and he ever married again in the temple." She said they have discussed this though I forgot to ask her what he said as far as whether he would honor her request.

She also does not think it is mandatory in the eternities and we did not debate that point of doctrine in detail other then to review some of the scriptures and statements from BY about it. But she did say if you had to do it to be exalted or in the Celestial Kingdom she guesses she would opt for damnation.

So, I wonder how she can think this way and not have some impact on her marriage even if it is sub consciously.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Jason wrote:So, I wonder how she can think this way and not have some impact on her marriage even if it is sub consciously.

Welcome to the "dark side", Jason!

;)
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Beauty of heaven. Honey-do lists can be handled by speaking and looking and seeing that it is good. I assume PMS will NOT be there. Pregnancy will be a painless breeze. With eternity and an infinite amount of time to do anything and everything I don't think I'd have a problem with polygamy or polyandry. At any moment being omniscient I'll know exactly how a woman feels about me so what jealousy or envy could exist?

You do realize, don't you, that everything you listed above has to do with womanhood? Are there any male issues that you think will be cleared up when you're exalted? Linear thinking comes to mind...

I do realize this, yes. I did this because I was responding to a post focussing on those points. A more exhaustive (but hardly completely exhaustive) list of things that will change:

Men:

Will no longer have the cave mentality of clamming up when in pain (doesn't work with omniscience)
Will lose irrational aggressive and violent territorial behavior.
Not competitive.
NO MORE KIDNEY STONES!!!! (I know women can get them too but when I think of what I get when women have painless pregnancies, first thing I think of)
No longer possessive of women or anything else.
Able to read and understand a female mind.

Women:

Painless pregnancies.
Ability to read a male mind.
No PMS.
No longer possessive of men or anything else.

Both:

No materialism as everyone has everything
Perfect understanding of others
Perfect knowledge of the love God and others have for you and you for them.
Perfect physical form (anyone who has seen such a being will back me up on this)

Hmmm...I meant to have some kind of a super post to make me a God but this will have to do.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

So, I wonder how she can think this way and not have some impact on her marriage even if it is sub consciously.

Of course our deeply held beliefs impact our behavior, consciously or not.

Repressing, ignoring, denying them does not mean they go away.

I think your daughter reflects the opinions of many women in the LDS church.. at least those who love their husbands and enjoy the beauty of an intimate relationship.

They hope it is not really the way things are, they completely hate the very thought, they tell their husbands they will not be a part of it, and then try not to think about it.

Yet, the thought it there.. how could it not be?

"Knowing" that "God" commanded such an atrocity, that God could be so cruel, that God devised a plan so heart wrenching to women, and someday they may have to choose between complying with such a dispicable practice or not living in heaven is pretty tough. Best to not think about it. Best not to face the fact that church teachings are quite clear that, for those who are sealed, polygamy is part of the next life, like it or not.

For those women who want to believe God loves women, and that heaven may be a place where women are considered equal, the reality of polygamy creates confusion. It is nothing but disgusting... except, as I have mentioned, to those women who would rather not have a close, intimate, sexual relationship with a man.

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Nehor
No longer possessive of women or anything else.

Polygamy is the ultimate expression of male possessiveness of women!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb