LDS Sexuality

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Jersey Girl wrote:Nehor
No longer possessive of women or anything else.

Polygamy is the ultimate expression of male possessiveness of women!

I thought that was marriage in general.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

truth dancer wrote:For those women who want to believe God loves women, and that heaven may be a place where women are considered equal, the reality of polygamy creates confusion. ~dancer~

Actually, it's downright depressing. And I'm with whoever it was who said if heaven has polygamy, I'm not going.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

harmony wrote:
truth dancer wrote:For those women who want to believe God loves women, and that heaven may be a place where women are considered equal, the reality of polygamy creates confusion. ~dancer~

Actually, it's downright depressing. And I'm with whoever it was who said if heaven has polygamy, I'm not going.

If those who are sealed into plural marriages are happy with the situation, then I'm ok with it. If everyone is REQUIRED to live the law of plural marriage, I won't be there either.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I would only be ok with voluntary polygamy IF women were also permitted to have more than one husband, too. Otherwise, it's male pandering.

Besides, the higher male infant mortality, which has been consistent throughout the history of the world, ensures that there will be more males than females in the Celestial Kingdom anyway.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

The Nehor wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Beauty of heaven. Honey-do lists can be handled by speaking and looking and seeing that it is good. I assume PMS will NOT be there. Pregnancy will be a painless breeze. With eternity and an infinite amount of time to do anything and everything I don't think I'd have a problem with polygamy or polyandry. At any moment being omniscient I'll know exactly how a woman feels about me so what jealousy or envy could exist?

You do realize, don't you, that everything you listed above has to do with womanhood? Are there any male issues that you think will be cleared up when you're exalted? Linear thinking comes to mind...

I do realize this, yes. I did this because I was responding to a post focussing on those points. A more exhaustive (but hardly completely exhaustive) list of things that will change:

Men:

Will no longer have the cave mentality of clamming up when in pain (doesn't work with omniscience)
Will lose irrational aggressive and violent territorial behavior.
Not competitive.
NO MORE KIDNEY STONES!!!! (I know women can get them too but when I think of what I get when women have painless pregnancies, first thing I think of)
No longer possessive of women or anything else.
Able to read and understand a female mind.

Women:

Painless pregnancies.
Ability to read a male mind.
No PMS.
No longer possessive of men or anything else.

Both:

No materialism as everyone has everything
Perfect understanding of others
Perfect knowledge of the love God and others have for you and you for them.
Perfect physical form (anyone who has seen such a being will back me up on this)

Hmmm...I meant to have some kind of a super post to make me a God but this will have to do.

The only thing I have to say to your painless pregnancies is this: IF I AM PREGNANT ONE MORE TIME I WILL FREAK OUT! If I am pregnant for eternity I will be one mad bitch!
Painless or not, being pregnant is not a joy. That sounds like hell to me.
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

If those who are sealed into plural marriages are happy with the situation, then I'm ok with it. If everyone is REQUIRED to live the law of plural marriage, I won't be there either.

I do not care how people choose to live their sexual lives...

But a heaven that allows men to have multiple females but not the same opportunity for women would not be a place I would remotely think is decent let along holy.

If God is this sort of man who created such a practice, I would not want to be in his presence for one minute.

Liz... what do you think about women who have been sealed to a man who died, then married another man... in heaven she will have to choose but if the situation were reversed a man could have as many woman as he wishes?

How do you think this is OK?

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

TD wrote:Liz... what do you think about women who have been sealed to a man who died, then married another man... in heaven she will have to choose but if the situation were reversed a man could have as many woman as he wishes?

I don't think it's ok.

I also don't believe, in those situations, that the woman will have to choose. I think that they should be able to remain a family, just like the plural marriages that work the other way.

I know this is not Mormon doctrine.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

barrelomonkeys wrote:The only thing I have to say to your painless pregnancies is this: IF I AM PREGNANT ONE MORE TIME I WILL FREAK OUT! If I am pregnant for eternity I will be one mad bitch!

Suppose you didn't grow larger and instead only felt the flame of life within you with no discomfort?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

liz3564 wrote:
TD wrote:Liz... what do you think about women who have been sealed to a man who died, then married another man... in heaven she will have to choose but if the situation were reversed a man could have as many woman as he wishes?

I don't think it's ok.

I also don't believe, in those situations, that the woman will have to choose. I think that they should be able to remain a family, just like the plural marriages that work the other way.

I know this is not Mormon doctrine.

No it's not.....but it has not been declared that it can't happen ;)
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

The Nehor wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:The only thing I have to say to your painless pregnancies is this: IF I AM PREGNANT ONE MORE TIME I WILL FREAK OUT! If I am pregnant for eternity I will be one mad bitch!

Suppose you didn't grow larger and instead only felt the flame of life within you with no discomfort?

The idea of eternal increase is easily discerned to be a teaching of men. How to know this? God is no respector of persons, ie: God loves his daughters as much as he loves his sons. Any teaching that strays from that concept is a product of man's mind, not God's.

The God that created the universe can surely devise a way to create eternal increase without involving physical bodies at all. The idea is preposterous (and downright funny, when you think about the process involved). Whoever thought this one up was thinking with the wrong head.