LDS Sexuality

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Harmony wrote:Whoever thought this one up was thinking with the wrong head.

OMG! This is a quote-worthy response!

I completely agree!

Now, the sex part is fun. I hope that part doesn't go away for recreational purposes. ;)

But yes, this business of producing babies in the eternities the way we do here is a ridiculous way to think, in my opinion.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

The Nehor wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:The only thing I have to say to your painless pregnancies is this: IF I AM PREGNANT ONE MORE TIME I WILL FREAK OUT! If I am pregnant for eternity I will be one mad bitch!
Painless or not, being pregnant is not a joy. That sounds like hell to me.

Suppose you didn't grow larger and instead only felt the flame of life within you with no discomfort?

Yeah. Suppose your body is eternally fixed at 8 months pregnant size . . .

Either that or suppose that men in the Celestial Kingdom do the seahorse thing instead.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

asbestosman wrote:
Either that or suppose that men in the Celestial Kingdom do the seahorse thing instead.

Celestial seahorses, I like it!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Now, the sex part is fun. I hope that part doesn't go away for recreational purposes. ;)

The thing is....

I feel quite certain that within a century or so there will be no need whatsoever to have sex (or physical stimuation of any sort), in order to have the pleasure and excitment we associate with it. All we will need is a chemical or two (ecstacy comes close), and we will be able to stimulate our BRAINS to experience whatever we want, whenever we want. This is not really all that difficult.

Already women do not need an intimate encounter with a man to have a baby, and men most likely will be able to have children at some point in the future, and beyond that, if our species survives long enough having children as we do today will become obsolete.

Why would we think heaven is limited to this moment in our human development?

Think back to the time of Mitosis... the creatures of the day had no idea there could be a new way of reproducing. Meiosis developed as life found a better way to survive.

We are a very young species and sexual reproduction is relatively new to life... my guess, there will be much more to come!

If there is reproduction in heaven I feel quite certain it will be in a manner way beyond our imagination.

Just a guess... :-)

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

The Nehor wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:The only thing I have to say to your painless pregnancies is this: IF I AM PREGNANT ONE MORE TIME I WILL FREAK OUT! If I am pregnant for eternity I will be one mad bitch!
Painless or not, being pregnant is not a joy. That sounds like hell to me.

Suppose you didn't grow larger and instead only felt the flame of life within you with no discomfort?

There is no way I would want to be pregnant again. If I could be pregnant in heaven without growing larger or anything like mortal pregnancy, what's the point? Surely God could figure out a different way to create spirit babies. Perhaps he's going to let the men be pregnant for a while. I like the idea of that. All the men pregnant for eternity. AND I'M NOT GOING TO GET YOU ANY ICECREAM!
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

So many people seem to forget that being in the Celestial Kingdom makes you omnipotent. If after all is revealed and there's stuff about it you still don't like BAM!!! it's fixed.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

The Nehor wrote:So many people seem to forget that being in the Celestial Kingdom makes you omnipotent. If after all is revealed and there's stuff about it you still don't like BAM!!! it's fixed.

Does that mean we can change the past too? Could I go back and make it a commandment to live a life of pleasure? Then maybe I could reshape my life so I become Hugh Heffner. Nah, I don't wanna treat women as objects.

I want them to treat me as one.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

asbestosman wrote:
The Nehor wrote:So many people seem to forget that being in the Celestial Kingdom makes you omnipotent. If after all is revealed and there's stuff about it you still don't like BAM!!! it's fixed.

Does that mean we can change the past too? Could I go back and make it a commandment to live a life of pleasure? Then maybe I could reshape my life so I become Hugh Heffner. Nah, I don't wanna treat women as objects.

I want them to treat me as one.

Sorry, the definition of omnipotent I use is to do anything that is not intrinsically impossible. I'm not sure where time travel falls.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

The Nehor wrote:Sorry, the definition of omnipotent I use is to do anything that is not intrinsically impossible. I'm not sure where time travel falls.

It falls somewhere between God traveling to whatever part of the universe God wants at superluminal speeds and God's omniscience with free will left over for us.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

asbestosman wrote:
The Nehor wrote:Sorry, the definition of omnipotent I use is to do anything that is not intrinsically impossible. I'm not sure where time travel falls.

It falls somewhere between God traveling to whatever part of the universe God wants at superluminal speeds and God's omniscience with free will left over for us.

If you ever figure it out, please explain it to me.