A rebuttal to Coggins assininity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

A rebuttal to Coggins assininity

Post by _Mercury »

My wife has a good friend who came and lived with us this past spring. She was here for 2 months and looked unsuccessfully for a job. Shes part of the family really, as her, my wife and I got along well. She went to school with my wife and graduated recently. She counted herself as a Mormon when she came to live with us. We still keep in touch.

I was not going to bring this up as I didn't want to sound like I was bragging. But coggy was asking for it, so here goes. Suck it coggy.

While staying with us her and I had several conversations concerning the church and why I did not attend in addition to why I feel the way I do about the LDS church and life in general. She stated that she was unaware of a great deal of the issues I brought up. She moved to find work in the place she grew up in, and called us recently. She informed us that she had further questioned the church and had stopped going because of the lack of credibility the church held.

She attended every Sunday except for the last sunday she was here with my wife, children and I. We conversed about joes polygamy/adultery justified by "revelation" and other various things but mostly we talked about the online support systems that act as a triage to new exmos. She now posts regularly on exmormon.org and attends nondenominational christian services. Not what I would do but hey, at least shes not in the cult.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Ray A

Re: A rebuttal to Coggins assininity

Post by _Ray A »

Mercury wrote:She now posts regularly on exmormon.org...

Let us know if she's still posting there in a month or two. No doubt this is the exmo initiation, until they find out how rotten the place is. You did great work in your deconversion attempt, Merc, don't worry about the bragging bit. I'm sure she was enlightened with your unbiased view of "Joe". What I wonder is, what is your "view" of life you shared with her? Something like, "Life's a bitch, then you die"? Or, "we are worm fodder"?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Merc! Saaahhhhwwwweeeeett!

*Porter cues up "Queen's "Another one bites the dust"*

Vengeance is mine thus saith the truth monger, and I have taken a little!
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Two points:

1. How was this a rebuttle to anything and

2. What are your views on life in general. Perhaps they would give us a better insight into why your views on the Church are as they are.

Oh, and 3. Does your friend listen to Nirvana?
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Coggins7 wrote:Two points:

2. What are your views on life in general. Perhaps they would give us a better insight into why your views on the Church are as they are.

Hell douche, I even pointed out to watch for a rebuttal to the laughable conclusions you made stating I could never deconvert someone.

Even when your trying to be funny you sound like a tool.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mercury wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:Two points:

Hell douche, I even pointed out to watch for a rebuttal to the laughable conclusions you made stating I could never deconvert someone.

Even when your trying to be funny you sound like a tool.

Damn. I was hoping to see you proposition him again. So disappointing!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

It always warms my heart to hear about people who are willing to listen to and seriously consider a wider range of information after being subjected to systemic information filtering for so long. Thanks for the story.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Post by _DonBradley »

It warms my heart to see two people resonate so perfectly and build bridges across the great divide.

by the way, has anyone heard Nirvana's cover of "Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam"? Perhaps that's the Nirvana song Cog is afraid pushed Merc's friend over the edge.

Don
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

I could care less about the song. I use Nirvana as an archetype for the kind of music that is to be associated with mentalities like that of Mercury and his friend, who probably has as little intellectual and psychological backbone as he does (otherwise, this friend would not have let Merc bamboozle her out of her blessings and participation in the Lord's Kingdom).

Birds of a feather...so said Mr. Cobain...
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Coggins7 wrote:I could care less about the song. I use Nirvana as an archetype for the kind of music that is to be associated with mentalities like that of Mercury and his friend, who probably has as little intellectual and psychological backbone as he does (otherwise, this friend would not have let Merc bamboozle her out of her blessings and participation in the Lord's Kingdom).

I know... what's next? Is he going to convince her there's no Santa Claus and bamboozle her out of her chance for a full stocking on xmas morning? The bastard!

It's pretty funny that you think you don't look foolish mentioning "intellectual and psychological backbone" in the same sentence as "bamboozle her out of her blessings and participation in the Lord's Kingdom."

Holy crap, you crack me up.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.