What's in the Secret Church Vault?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Re: What's in the Secret Church Vault?

Post by _Ray A »

Pokatator wrote:
Ray A wrote:[And thus, again, we see Scratch's real motive. Scratch is what we Aussies call a S*** stirrer.

Yes, he did stir you up, didn't he!

Note to self: Add Poke-a-potato to hit list. (Not enough ego-stroking.)
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Jersey Girl wrote:How does he have them when they're locked up in a mountain vault?

I thought that as of the last report in the days of Joseph Fielding Smith they were in the Temple Vault, not the mountain one.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:Why are the seer stones locked up?

Who knows what gates might be unlocked or spells that might be woven if such an instrument of Earth Power were to fall into the wrong hands.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

moksha wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Why are the seer stones locked up?

Who knows what gates might be unlocked or spells that might be woven if such an instrument of Earth Power were to fall into the wrong hands.

Probably more to prevent theft. It's easy enough to find your own seerstone if you really want one. My own attempts to use such an aid to revelation have failed. Not sure yet if I don't have the requisite strength to use one or if I'm beyond using one.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

The Nehor wrote:Not sure yet if I don't have the requisite strength to use one or if I'm beyond using one.

Certain types of mushrooms or peyote may help in the process. ;)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

The Nehor wrote: It's easy enough to find your own seerstone if you really want one. My own attempts to use such an aid to revelation have failed. Not sure yet if I don't have the requisite strength to use one or if I'm beyond using one.

Unless you're just joshing, I'm sure there are many here who would love to hear more about this...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

The Nehor wrote:Probably more to prevent theft. It's easy enough to find your own seerstone if you really want one. My own attempts to use such an aid to revelation have failed. Not sure yet if I don't have the requisite strength to use one or if I'm beyond using one.

You have GOT to be kidding.