Going straight

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Post by _DonBradley »

Somewhere!

I have a new phone and haven't transferred all my old numbers. You may want to e-mail it to me.

by the way, what are you up to Thursday evening?

Don
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Check your PMs.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Post by _DonBradley »

Dr. Shades wrote:Check your PMs.

With all due respect, I don't qualify for PMS...
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Mister Scratch wrote:Gaz,

The article mentions, in the beginning, an issue of "not knowing who one is," and "feeling weak." How, for your, does the fact that LDS missionaries troll for wounded contacts square with you? How does BKP's talk on appealing to people at funerals fit in with all of this? Please enlighten me.

The Missionaries are bringing a message of hope. Those who have suffered recently are more likely to need it. It's like asking why do doctors try to help those that are sick and know it and are willing to receive treatment than those who refuse to admit they're ill. They can do more good that way. It's the same reason Alma gave up on one group and turned to those who were looking for help. The same reason that Paul finally stopped starting with the Jews and went to the Gentiles. Because it works.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

DonBradley wrote:About 4% of American males are gay. This amounts to over 10 million gay men in the US. Don
Don, the population of the US is about 302M. It's slightly less than 50% male. Thus, the male population is at most 150M. .04 x 150M = 6M. And your 4% is generous. The percentage that's gay is controversial, as you know. 4% seems a bit high based on my reading.

Richard
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Gaz wrote:There are two Lions that stand in the way of our path to God, One is called Pride, and the other is fear.

I like this, Gaz!

It's quote-worthy!

:)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Yeah I posted on the MADthread dealing with this one for a bit, but frankly I don't see the big deal with homosexuality in general.....what's the big deal?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

liz3564 wrote:
Gaz wrote:There are two Lions that stand in the way of our path to God, One is called Pride, and the other is fear.

I like this, Gaz!

It's quote-worthy!

:)

Its actually a quote from my mission president. Maybe someday I'll post the whole talk he gave. I think it's a great quote, but you may want to correct my use of capitol letters before you use it in your sig line. You know how bad I am with things like that : )
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Yeah I posted on the MADthread dealing with this one for a bit, but frankly I don't see the big deal with homosexuality in general.....what's the big deal?

The commandment is to be like God in all that we do. Since the Father is married that kind of puts a damper on the whole inter-sex love thing.

You can be gay, you can also practice Moksha love in a big panda bear costume. You have your free agency. But then you cannot go where God dwells, worlds without end.

If you want to be like the Father, and live with him, then you have to live after a manner of creation and growth in a normal healthy relationship with a person of the opposite sex. As in a Mom, a Dad, and children.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Gazelam wrote: Since the Father is married that kind of puts a damper on the whole inter-sex love thing.

This is not a given. We don't know this. We assume this.