Recent Squabble at MAD proves embarrassing

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Recent Squabble at MAD proves embarrassing

Post by _dartagnan »

I just copied the relevant comments whichI think highlights the integrity-free demeanor at MAD:

http://www.kevingraham.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

This was an interesting read. I went back and looked at the thread in question, too.

I think runtu has pointed out before that Juliann seems to misread, or read too quickly, in an attempt to catch posters out, and I think that's displayed here when she seems to confuse/conflate two different statements by Celestial Kingdom (his first statement that Brent had told him that he and Hauglid were talking about publishing and his later statement that the mods explained H's breaking off the pundit thread for "copyright reasons.")

Of course that's only one of the problems. Personally, I find the abrupt and beligerent "call for references" coming after an off-hand and anecdotal remark especially chilling.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Some observations:

1. Juliann is getting worse. It should worry her friends, to watch her disintegrate like that.

2. Brent is a gentleman, even when he's being unjustly accused of twisting the truth.

3. Hauglid is a coward. 'Nuff said.

4. Why oh why do people try to have decent conversations on MAD? It's quite obvious that Juliann won't allow it. Why don't they come here, where they wouldn't have to put up with her?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Wow, that was a great thread! Classic, classic MA&D.

harmony wrote:1. Juliann is getting worse. It should worry her friends, to watch her disintegrate like that.

Yes, it's interesting to watch her continue her downward spiral into MA&Dness. It must drive her absolutely insane to know that Brent, a critic, is easily 10x smarter than she will ever be.

Either that, or menopause has hit her really, really hard.

I agree. If Juliann is so right about everything, why wouldn't he want their correspondence published?

4. Why oh why do people try to have decent conversations on MAD? It's quite obvious that Juliann won't allow it. Why don't they come here, where they wouldn't have to put up with her?

That's a good question. Juliann is the unmitigated, undisputed queen of derailments.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

The Backyard idiot just posted this:

Celestial Kingdom, I just read Kevin Graham's analysis of this thread over on Shades board, and he leaves a lot out, and reads way too much into things. His arguments and presentation of evidence is crooked, don't hang around him too much, I rather like you a lot, and wouldn't want his weird way of twisting things to effect your abilities to reason, think, and understand. I have become more and more disappointed with his silliness. At one time that man could really carry a whallop, now all he carries is a whine. Sad really.

Kerry isn't satisfied trying to get peple on his side of the fence to dislike me. Now he is trying to recruit from the other side as well. And he accuses me fo whining? I am not the one accusing Celestial Kingdom of spreading false information. Juliann and Kerry did. They still haven't proved made their case because Brian didn't want the emails to be posted. Now what does that tell you?

And yes, I provided a synopsis of the exchange, but Kerry is kidding himself if he thinks I left anything out that would change the facts as I delineated them. He and the wicked witch of the west both accused Celestial Kingdom of spreading false information - with 99.9% certainty even - before ever going to Hauglid.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Re: Recent Squabble at MAD proves embarrassing

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

dartagnan wrote:I just copied the relevant comments whichI think highlights the integrity-free demeanor at MAD:

http://www.kevingraham.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309

Nice to see some things never change: Juliann is as nuts as ever.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

dartagnan wrote:And yes, I provided a synopsis of the exchange, but Kerry is kidding himself if he thinks I left anything out that would change the facts as I delineated them.

You didn't leave anything out of any significance. I read through your synopsis, then immediately read the thread on MAD in its entirety. If anything, things looked worse in the complete thread.

There was nothing "twisted" or "distorted" or "read into" too much. The over-reaction Call For References pretty much speaks for itself.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_JBStrang
_Emeritus

Post by _JBStrang »

harmony wrote:Some observations:

1. Juliann is getting worse. It should worry her friends, to watch her disintegrate like that.

2. Brent is a gentleman, even when he's being unjustly accused of twisting the truth.

1. Juliann doesn't know what she's talking about so she should just stay out of it

2. Your friend Brent should ignore Juliann

3. Concerning Hauglid's private emails to Brent: it's none of your damn business

'Nuff said.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

JBStrang wrote:
harmony wrote:Some observations:

1. Juliann doesn't know what she's talking about so she should just stay out of it

As if that's ever going to happen. Wishful thinking though; we can all dream.

2. Your friend Brent should ignore Juliann

1) I've never met Brent; he doesn't post here and I don't post there. 2) Ignoring Juliann is kinda like ignoring the elephant in the living room who keeps taking huge dumps and stinking up the place. A little hard to do when she's disintegrating publically.

3. Concerning Hauglid's private emails to Brent: it's none of your damn business

Huh? When did any of this become my business? Brent offered to make the emails public, to prove he wasn't a liar, as Juliann claimed. Brent demurred, either proving there's something in those emails he wants to remain hidden or he'd hang Brent out to dry in order to save Juliann's face. Which? What? Why? Brent's willingness to put them all on the board, and Hauglid's reluctance to allow it shows me two different characteristics of both men... Brent's not a liar, and Hauglid's a jerk, a coward, or both.

'Nuff said.

Cute. At least you can spell.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

there.