Were any of you TBM moms with missionaries out on mission?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Re: Were any of you TBM moms with missionaries out on missio

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Jason Bourne wrote:I was just sharing some of my feelings and not trying to get into a contest. Sorry you read it that way.

I'm sorry your son is in harm's way and wish the best for him and every one of our troops.
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Re: Well, let me ask this

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

harmony wrote:
msnobody wrote:When your son/daughter was out on mission, what were your conversations like with other TBMs in your ward?

They'd ask how he was; I'd say he's fine. Nothing much. No one wanted to know how hard it was for any of them. They only wanted to know the good things, not the depressing mindnumbing things.

That's good, because the "good things" are sufficiently mindnumbing. My niece wrote a letter to her grandfather 3/4 page long that says absolutely nothing at all and used the word "amazing" seventeen times. I'm glad she's having such a great time, but sheesh, she sure isn't using her mind.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Re: Were any of you TBM moms with missionaries out on missio

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Jason Bourne wrote:Try sending your son off to war. Even though his tour was seven months I recall driving to his base, taking him out to dinner the night before he left and then his mother and I both crying hysterically as we hugged him after dinner that night wondering if we would see him ever again. Well he is back now since April and we get to do this again in September.

I can't imagine anything harder for a parent to do. I think we all need to remember that it's not just a soldier that sacrifices for our well being, it's their entire family. Thank you for your sacrifice! And I thank your son for his service.