What MAD posters would you like to see cross over to MDB?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Who Knows wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:Brackite may have been referring to Theophilus07. I can't imagine that he/she would want the Theophilus that was banned here. Almost every argument ended up with him saying at some point "G-d told me."

So he was your run-of-the-mill chapel TBM?

LOL!

Not really. It’s only a valid argument if you are a “chapel Mormon.” It doesn’t work when it comes from a hyper-Calvinist (which is basically what Theophilus was).
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Who Knows wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:Brackite may have been referring to Theophilus07. I can't imagine that he/she would want the Theophilus that was banned here. Almost every argument ended up with him saying at some point "G-d told me."

So he was your run-of-the-mill chapel TBM?

LOL!

Not really. It’s only a valid argument if you are a “chapel Mormon.” It doesn’t work when it comes from a hyper-Calvinist (which is basically what Theophilus was).

I Do Not really agree with Theophilus07 hyper-Calvinist Point of view, but it would be kind of fun to have him Post a few Messages around here.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

For clarification (for any that don't know), Theophilus was the hyper-Calvinist. I believe he was banned sometime towards the end of last year. I don’t know if Theophilus07 has any particular religious leanings (he may be an atheist) -- nor do I know whether or not he is banned. Theophilus07 is the one that has engaged in several of the MMM threads. I don’t believe Theophilus ever engaged in any topics that dealt with LDS history. Theophilus mostly just dealt with theological issues. If I recall correctly, he was banned for posting private correspondence without permission.

I for one would like it if David Bokovoy still posted over here. It was also very enjoyable (for the brief time that he did) when Ben McGuire was posting over here.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Juliann will never post here until Shades guarantees her, in writing, that I would be baned forever. She would also require added protection from criticism in general. Why do you think she loves it so much over there? That forum is her baby. She is God there. She gets to produce irrelevant rants about whomever she wants, and make the wildest of accusations with zero accountability. Best of all, her ego rarely suffers since the game is rigged to make sure she always appears right.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

dartagnan wrote:Juliann will never post here until Shades guarantees her, in writing, that I would be baned forever. She would also require added protection from criticism in general. Why do you think she loves it so much over there? That forum is her baby. She is God there. She gets to produce irrelevant rants about whomever she wants, and make the wildest of accusations with zero accountability. Best of all, her ego rarely suffers since the game is rigged to make sure she always appears right.

Even the devil gets his due.
_Yoda

Re: Juliann

Post by _Yoda »

moksha wrote:
liz3564 wrote: So, Juliann, if you're reading this, and have a desire to post on the "dark side of the force", come on over. ;)

You could do great things at Slythern House...

No....we're Gryffindor. MAD has always seemed more like Slythern to me. LOL

4 days to Harry Potter 7! Yay!

:)

OK..sorry for the derailment.

;)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

In an effort to move the thread along, I'd like to give it a little boost by supplying what is likely to be the the content of the next 30 posts here to save everyone the effort:

Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann

Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann

Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann
Juliann

Okay, anyone else you'd like to see post here from MAD?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

sput :D
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

The interesting question is, what posters from HERE would posters at MAD want to see THERE? Haven't they banned half the posters here? I've never posted there and have no plans to do so. Has everyone here, excluding me, posted either at MAD or FAIR before?

KA
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

KimberlyAnn wrote:The interesting question is, what posters from HERE would posters at MAD want to see THERE? Haven't they banned half the posters here? I've never posted there and have no plans to do so. Has everyone here, excluding me, posted either at MAD or FAIR before?

KA

I posted at FAIR and then a few months later at MAD after the board changed hands. I felt people were much nicer when it was the FAIR board. I really was astounded at the tone of the MAD board. FAIR was the first place I went to learn about LDS and the first place I posted.