Raising hell over on RFM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

moksha wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:So is Susan I/S to RfM what Juliann is to MAD/FAIR.

Actually I can't stand RfM for more than five seconds because of their crappy board.....say what you want about MAD, at least their board technology is from this century.

I guess. I am having a t errible time right now trying to post over there. I PMed Smac about this, but he told me to ask a moderator. I PMed Orpheus and Chaos, but haven't heard back from them. I am afraid to contact Dunamis. Can they make your connection slow and erratic if they are displeased with you for some indeterminate reason? Have you had posting difficulties over there lately Bond?

I had this exact same problem. I know there was displeasure wih me. I did a tattle mail! :D
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
moksha wrote:

Actually I can't stand RfM for more than five seconds because of their crappy board.....say what you want about MAD, at least their board technology is from this century.

I guess. I am having a t errible time right now trying to post over there. I PMed Smac about this, but he told me to ask a moderator. I PMed Orpheus and Chaos, but haven't heard back from them. I am afraid to contact Dunamis. Can they make your connection slow and erratic if they are displeased with you for some indeterminate reason? Have you had posting difficulties over there lately Bond?

I had this exact same problem. I know there was displeasure wih me. I did a tattle mail! :D

I think MAD's problems have more to do with their server and the high traffic. When I was a Mod on FAIR, there was no way, from a technology standpoint, to make one poster's connection slower than another's deliberately. It was simply a matter of blocking their IP or not blocking it.

I think what you may be experiencing is coincidence.
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

MAD has been slow and erratic for me too. About the last five days. I thought it was just me, but maybe not, eh?
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I have no problem at all posting on MAD or accessing the board.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:I have no problem at all posting on MAD or accessing the board.

Preferential treatment!

When the Dude talks about them being slow and erratic, I trust he is referring to his internet connection at MAD. I experienced this previously when I was on a limited member status. by the way, will any limited membership status with MAD show up on the new Temple Bar codes?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

moksha wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I have no problem at all posting on MAD or accessing the board.

Preferential treatment!

When the Dude talks about them being slow and erratic, I trust he is referring to his internet connection at MAD. I experienced this previously when I was on a limited member status. by the way, will any limited membership status with MAD show up on the new Temple Bar codes?

I know what he meant and again, I have no problem accessing the board.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote: I know what he meant and again, I have no problem accessing the board.

I was just joking about what the Dude said. He is so smart he could have meant slow and erratic in a perjorative sense - which of course he did not.

Have you tried the personal assistant feature for accessing your last ten posts (wish we had that feature here - I have a hard time remembering what threads I posted on) or tried to post? I come up with blank white screens that say done in the status bar.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

moksha wrote:Have you tried the personal assistant feature for accessing your last ten posts (wish we had that feature here - I have a hard time remembering what threads I posted on) or tried to post? I come up with blank white screens that say done in the status bar.

We do have that feature here. It doesn't just access your last ten posts, but all of your posts.

Just go to your profile and click on "Find all posts by ______."

Oh, and Infymus: RfM blocks any and all links to this site, too.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

moksha wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote: I know what he meant and again, I have no problem accessing the board.

I was just joking about what the Dude said. He is so smart he could have meant slow and erratic in a perjorative sense - which of course he did not.

Have you tried the personal assistant feature for accessing your last ten posts (wish we had that feature here - I have a hard time remembering what threads I posted on) or tried to post? I come up with blank white screens that say done in the status bar.

You mean a personal assistant feature on MAD? No, I typically find one thread that interests me and participate on it until it no longer does.
Chinese Proverb
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

liz3564 wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:
moksha wrote:

I think MAD's problems have more to do with their server and the high traffic. When I was a Mod on FAIR, there was no way, from a technology standpoint, to make one poster's connection slower than another's deliberately. It was simply a matter of blocking their IP or not blocking it.

I think what you may be experiencing is coincidence.

It was some coincidence. Within an hour of me and my tattlemail "to my cousin, awful, I know!" the pages would time out and I had some difficulty posting at all. I would make a post and I'd get an error on my post and then I'd have to go in and edit it and the edit would have the same error show up. It went on for about a week and then I just stopped posting there.