Raising hell over on RFM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Raising hell over on RFM

Post by _Mercury »

I took the liberty of archiving it on my blog as well:

http://www.ihatevegas.com/blog/
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

There is a small board war starting up again between the Mormon Curtain and RFM. Susan's lap-dogs are coming out of the woodwork because of a post I made recently:

http://www.mormoncurtain.com/#pub_1094634894

Now that I look at your blog message, I think it correlates perfectly and believe I was the one that unwittingly started this latest tirade against RFM. Still, the way this person (or if it was you, Mercury) is the wrong way to go about it. Hit and run messages are only going to get RFM posters blasting you. And your post on your blog where you've responded to each message really isn't going to be seen by much of anyone.

I don't care for hit and run messages and I'm surprised those you've archived stayed around so long.

RFM cronies have written to me stating that I'm immature for posting Susan I/S's correspondences with me. In them I have shown that Susan I/S is nothing but a liar who will do anything to protect RFM.

I could care less what she thinks or does anymore as we have all grown beyond her. RFM these days is nothing more than a hate/bitch site and it is hard to find gems in that rough. Sites such as The Ex-Mormon Forums, Mormon Discussions, Post Mormon, The Foyer and others have far exceeded RFM. Still, RFM has its place.

The Mormon Curtain has certainly proved itself in the Ex-Mormon community and I have done exactly opposite of what Susan I/S accused me of. None of it has been about *me* as she so claims. No legal ramifications have come to light concerning the posting. Only TWO people have asked to have their posts removed – Samuel The Utahnite – a totally unstable man, and Tyson Dunn, who continually accuses me of trying to “expose Ex-Mormons”.

I posted Susan I/S’s messages along with my replies on the Mormon Curtain so everyone would see both sides. You can call me immature, but I’ve been called far far worse by Mormons and Ex-Mormons.

Interesting note though, I’ve been treated far worse by Ex-Mormons than Mormons while I’ve doing all of this. Go figure.

Susan I/S blocks everything and anything that goes to my site. She also blocks all other blogs stating "Email it to me and I'll post it on the Blog portion", but then she censors 90% of the blogs and only posts what she wants. Seems to me that it's all about - her - as she so accuses me. If Susan I/S had her way, everyone but RFM would be sent cease and desist notices. She’s like Eric’s chained lap-dog. If anyone is being immature, it’s her.

Let's not even begin to show how she treats certain high-profile posters on RFM with royalty. They can and do attack anything and anyone, spewing venom and posting their own religious opinions all the while being protected by Susan I/S.

Why do you think people like KimberlyAnn, Tal Bachman and many others have begun to move on? More power to them.

God, this is all we need, another uproar in the Ex-Mormon communities.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Vegasbright, reporting for duty. I was trying to prove a point. It worked.

Furthermore,
Samuel The Utahnite – a totally unstable man

I agree totally. I am glad I am not that hateful. I am glad I have more sense. I was appauled at what he wrote about me for merely stating my opinion at his laughably lamea$$ podcast.

God, this is all we need, another uproar in the Ex-Mormon communities.

Agreed, but this is the natural course of things. Exmormon.org will maintain the favor of the popularity contest. Once the animosity is overwhelmed by the need for crash carts in "exmormon triage", a.k.a. Susan's Kingdom, there will be a need to expand outside the realm of poorly coded HTML and CGI.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Loquacious Lurker
_Emeritus

Post by _Loquacious Lurker »

Infymus wrote: Tyson Dunn, who continually accuses me of trying to “expose Ex-Mormons”.

WTF? Tyson's accusing YOU of trying to "expose Ex-Mormons"? Has the world gone insane? ALL that Tyson seems good for is to EXPOSE whoever he can on RfM -- his exmo mccarthyism "I'm Dunn...Tyson Dunn" MI-5 "For Queen and Country" I-can-Google-what-you-feed-your-housecat schtick is renown. (At least, on RfM.)

Pot, meet kettle. He's black.
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

Loquacious Lurker wrote:
Infymus wrote: Tyson Dunn, who continually accuses me of trying to “expose Ex-Mormons”.

WTF? Tyson's accusing YOU of trying to "expose Ex-Mormons"? Has the world gone insane? ALL that Tyson seems good for is to EXPOSE whoever he can on RfM -- his exmo mccarthyism "I'm Dunn...Tyson Dunn" MI-5 "For Queen and Country" I-can-Google-what-you-feed-your-housecat schtick is renown. (At least, on RfM.)

Pot, meet kettle. He's black.

LOL! Gosh dangit, I just spilled coffee on me!

Yes, Tyson insisted that my site was solely there to expose Ex-Mormons. I think his reasoning was that because I was archiving posts from the Ex-Mormon community - I was pulling an Mormon Apologist tactic. Daniel C. Peterson likes (or did at one time) to play bait and run tactics - the sole reason for the website "SHIELDS".

As to Samuel, I've had others come to me who have supported him only to have Samuel turn his wrath on them when they disagreed with Samuel's link of thinking or reasoning. They've written back to me in apology saying they now understand. Of course, once Samuel sees this, he is going to go ballistic all over again.

Thanks for the laugh this fine Sunday morning.
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

Mercury wrote:Vegasbright, reporting for duty. I was trying to prove a point. It worked.

Ah, I see. Good morning Vegas. ;)

Agreed, but this is the natural course of things. Exmormon.org will maintain the favor of the popularity contest. Once the animosity is overwhelmed by the need for crash carts in "exmormon triage", a.k.a. Susan's Kingdom, there will be a need to expand outside the realm of poorly coded HTML and CGI.

I cannot begin to count the number of messages I have received from Mormons and Ex-Mormons alike concerning RFM. Here is a sample email sent to me yesterday:

"I'm an active Mormon with a temple recommend, and mormoncurtain.com provides me with valuable information on how the church looks from a different perspective. I really dislike RFM for many reasons. The software is difficult to navigate, and most of the posters just seem to vent without adding much in the way of useful information. Your site is the only "ex Mormon" site I visit because it has content and not just anti-church rants. My wife feels the same way. She really dislikes RFM, but checks mormoncurtain.com frequently. Thanks for devoting the resources to getting the perspective of many people disaffected with the church out there where they can be heard."

I think that speaks for itself about RFM. RFM is a place everyone should start at even if it is a train wreck of information.

My moderators on the Ex-Mormon Forums http://www.exmormonforums.com have been talking about RFM and Mormon Discussions. There has been talk here about having an "open forum" where there is little moderation, but both sides of the Mormon coin can be discussed. We have been considering opening up such a forum. I see Mormon Discussions as a place for disaffected FAIR and MAAD posters who need a place to vent their frustration over the apologetic boards. Other forums are where Ex-Mormons settle into tight communities when they can no longer stand RFM.

It's an interesting mix out there but I'm glad to see it.
_Tal Bachman
_Emeritus

Post by _Tal Bachman »

Infymus

Is that you in the photo? Cool to know what you look like!

Susan I/S has been pretty good to me. I have also met Eric K, and he seemed like a very mild and pleasant man, but certain things about RFM have really made me wonder.

As far as I can tell, there's room for all different sorts of sites. Good luck with yours!

Tal
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

Tal Bachman wrote:Infymus

Is that you in the photo? Cool to know what you look like!

Susan I/S has been pretty good to me. I have also met Eric K, and he seemed like a very mild and pleasant man, but certain things about RFM have really made me wonder.

As far as I can tell, there's room for all different sorts of sites. Good luck with yours!

Tal

Yep, 'tis me taken this year at our annual family vacation in Southern Oregon. This is a pic of me holding a cup of coffee and enjoying the cool breeze off the ocean. http://www.infymus.com/img/org2007_2.jpg

Cheers!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

So is Susan I/S to RfM what Juliann is to MAD/FAIR.

Actually I can't stand RfM for more than five seconds because of their crappy board.....say what you want about MAD, at least their board technology is from this century.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I read RFM here and there and only rarely do I post on it because I don't feel that I fit the "criteria" for the board goals of participation. In it's current state, RFM resembles a mob. That is not to say there aren't high quality posters, exchange of information and super valid venting going on. There is.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb