The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Re: The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

Post by _Ray A »

asbestosman wrote:I'll be fair Ray. I wouldn't put anything past angry homo-sapiens. People are the craziest people I know especially when it comes to love, hate, and religion (or lack thereof).

I agree, and from my own experiences. Justice, fairness, or goodness, I think, are innate qualities, perhaps influenced by upbringing to some extent, but in the end even that makes no real difference. We either have this sense of fairness, or we don't - innately. Just my speculation. A person can be brought up a straight Mormon yet turn out sour. A person may have no religious upbringing, yet innately be the kindest and gentlest person alive.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Re: The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Ray A wrote:
asbestosman wrote:I'll be fair Ray. I wouldn't put anything past angry homo-sapiens. People are the craziest people I know especially when it comes to love, hate, and religion (or lack thereof).

I agree, and from my own experiences. Justice, fairness, or goodness, I think, are innate qualities, perhaps influenced by upbringing to some extent, but in the end even that makes no real difference. We either have this sense of fairness, or we don't - innately. Just my speculation. A person can be brought up a straight Mormon yet turn out sour. A person may have no religious upbringing, yet innately be the kindest and gentlest person alive.

Ray, this brought tears to my eyes! I can't believe you wrote this.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Ray A wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:You have lost all your marbles, Ray. I am saddened at the fact that someone who was once a calm, level-headed poster has degenerated into such a loony, arm-waving, nut case.

Like I said, Scratch, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "nutcase".

It's not a matter of agreement, Ray. I disagree with Ben McGuire on the proper interpretation of BKP's "The Mantel is Far, Far Greater than the Intellect," for example, but consider Ben to be among the most civil and level-headed of all Mopologists. Likewise, I disagree with The Nehor on some things, but consider him to be quite sane as well. The chief difference between them and you is that they do not go off on immature, profanity-laden rants, waving their arms about and flip-flopping their loyalties in the extreme.

Mister Scratch wrote:Tell me, Ray: will you start posting lengthy, heartfelt encomiums dedicated to me if I visit your "humble abode," wearing street clothes, and proceed to stroke your ego and tell you how great you are due to your belief in the Book of Mormon?

Your sarcasm knows no bounds, Scratch. See, you have labelled me with something I am not,

What? A "flip-flopper"? Well, you are a flip-flopper! I have the evidence! You have charged me with "misrepresenting" and "slander," so where's *your* evidence?

and it will stick with you, because, again, like I said, the only opinion that matters to you is - yours. As long as you continue your diatribes and slander and motive-reading of others I will consider you to be a very sad and pathetic person. That you claim to be member of the Church makes this doubly worse. Steve Benson soars in my estimation compared to you, and he is no friend of mine.

I really wish I could like you, but the slanderous, accusatory smut that flows from your keyboard cannot go unanswered. You are a character and reputation smearer hiding behind anonymity. In other words, you as low as human life gets.

Gee, thanks for that, Ray.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:What? A "flip-flopper"? Well, you are a flip-flopper!

If you say it enough, you'll eventually have a testimony of it.