The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Coggins wrote:Its easy to dish out, but difficult to take, isn't it?

Cog...you're so off-base with that comment, it's embarrassing.

Where, exactly, has Book of Mormon "dished out"?

She just stated that she has no side...pro or anti...as far as Mormonism goes. She simply interested in learning more about the culture.

She has also made some valid points.

Look, no one is saying this board is perfect. But neither is MAD.

And, if you hold MAD in such high esteem, why do you do the majority of your posting here?

;)
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Coggins7 wrote:
Or, we managed to piss off a moderator.

The fact remains, serious discourse regarding serious issues here is almost impossible. It is possible at MAD. End of story.

Have you checked out the Celestial Forum? You can be proven wrong rather quickly.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Coggins7 wrote: People like Scratch, Mercury, PP, Harmony, Kimberly, GIMR, and probably 80% of the population of this forum cannot post there because they will not, or constitutionally cannot, abide those intellectual standards.

LMAO...

Dude, if you think what you see at MAD constitutes "intellectual standards" that explains sooooo much about you.

You're so silly... but oh, what a sexy bitch you are.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

liz3564 wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:
Or, we managed to piss off a moderator.

The fact remains, serious discourse regarding serious issues here is almost impossible. It is possible at MAD. End of story.

Have you checked out the Celestial Forum? You can be proven wrong rather quickly.

Yes but the Celestial forum is essentially dead and always has been. All the action is here in the Terrestrial, as is the profanity, vulgarity, hate, venom, bitterness, immaturity, and bile (all that's not moved to the Telestial, that is).

I've posted there in the last few months, but the threads move forward at a snail's pace, if at all. As I say, its the population here that matters. You don't have that kind of demographic at MAD.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Thanks for confirming for us exactly what I'm saying to Liz. Liz, take note of this response. This would be banned at MAD.

Ah yes...banning. I like the sound of that...
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Coggins7 wrote:Thanks for confirming for us exactly what I'm saying to Liz. Liz, take note of this response. This would be banned at MAD.

Ah yes...banning. I like the sound of that...

There's a well loved poster at MAD that called my husband a "sperm donor" (this because my husband and I wanted to know what the Church protocol for sealing his son to his step-father was and since my husband had not been married to his son's mother, and yet had raised his son by himself for the first 4 years of his son's life while Mom got her life sorted out) and was incredibly personal and rude to me. A mod there essentially was the same way to me, not only a Mod, THE mod. I was really put through the ringer. I have NEVER insulted anyone personally on that board. I have always tried to respect other's feelings, and beliefs. I was not given the same consideration. I understand I'm not LDS, but I went there to understand LDS and went with no bias at all. There were MANY wonderful people on that board. There are a few that are quite hateful. This person that called my husband a sperm donor (in the fellowship folder) was supposedly banned for a few days. Interestingly he was able to pm me that same day (quite a ban, eh?) and that statement of his is still there since the thread was closed before I was able to respond. Not only was I not able to respond no one bothered to remove that from that thread in the FELLOWSHIP FOLDER! What a crock!

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... opic=25569

What say you to that?
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Coggins wrote:Yes but the Celestial forum is essentially dead and always has been.

You're wrong, Coggins.

There are several threads going on right now with plenty of "action"...including one that I started regarding polygamy.

You're welcome to join in the conversation as long as you behave yourself. The Celestial Forum is heavily moderated.

;)
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Cog's only friend is his body pillow, and we actually talk to him here. That's why he comes here more than MAD. Over there he'd just get lost in the shuffle. We're the type of people who pick the legs off of insects, and we enjoy picking the pretenses off of him, so we let the freak stay.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Ray A wrote:So where do you really stand, Scratch? Do you believe in truth in argumentation, or flattery? You say your blog is for "entertainment" and "fun", but some of these comments show that you are deadly serious about maligning the character of the "Good professor". Don't claim I took you "out of context", because that's a privilege you didn't allow me, when you wrote about my "many faces". It seems you have a few "faces" yourself. (Edit: Okay, you did allow me, but you know that no matter what I said, it would have made no difference, because you only allow yourself the benefit of "complexity", which I'm sure you can justify in yourself, but not others.)

If you'll admit that you're just here for "entertainment" and "fun", and to further your "revenge campaign", then we will all know that nothing you write can be taken seriously.

I await your clarifications. (PS: I have a lot more I would like clarifications about.)

Hi, Ray. I'm not really sure what you want me to answer.... Basically, I see a bunch of quotes from me in which I noted the aspects of DCP I like/admire, vs. the parts of him I am critical of.... What's wrong with that? Further, I think you are really barking up the wrong tree if you think this somehow shows me being anything like the flip-flopper you have shown yourself to be.

Gee, you were going on and on about some big thread you were going to post, and this was all you could muster? Not very impressive, Ray. Not very impressive at all.
_Ray A

Re: The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:Hi, Ray. I'm not really sure what you want me to answer.... Basically, I see a bunch of quotes from me in which I noted the aspects of DCP I like/admire, vs. the parts of him I am critical of.... What's wrong with that? Further, I think you are really barking up the wrong tree if you think this somehow shows me being anything like the flip-flopper you have shown yourself to be.

Gee, you were going on and on about some big thread you were going to post, and this was all you could muster? Not very impressive, Ray. Not very impressive at all.

If I'm a flip-flopper then you have some serious cog.diss problems. Your contradictory statements about DCP show that you have a Jekyll and Hyde personality. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can take you seriously in your "assessments" of people like DCP (and you say it's "for entertainment", which is a joke). It is clear that there's only one opinion you really value - your own.

From what you write I just can't perceive you as an honest person. At least I know where Benson stands, where Tal Bachmann stands, where PP and Merc stand. You are likely to flip flop in your assessments of people so much that you leave me believing even you don't know where you stand. I still don't know whether DCP is an "apologist wanker" or one of the greats in Mormon apologia. You've smoothed over this reply. And frankly, if someone said they "admired" me, then called me a liar with psychopathic tendencies - I would stay a mile away from that person.