The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: The Many Faces of "Mister Scratch".

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Ray A wrote:If I'm a flip-flopper then you have some serious cog.diss problems. Your contradictory statements about DCP show that you have a Jekyll and Hyde personality. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can take you seriously in your "assessments" of people like DCP (and you say it's "for entertainment", which is a joke).It is clear that there's only one opinion you really value - your own.

From what you write I just can't perceive you as an honest person. At least I know where Benson stands, where Tal Bachmann stands, where PP and Merc stand. You are likely to flip flop in your assessments of people so much that you leave me believing even you don't know where you stand.

Ray--- It is transparently obvious to everyone that you are an emotionally unhinged, and quite possibly insane individual. Your mindless, rabid rantings, your profanity-laced posts, and your endless, vitriol-tinged outbursts have pretty much destroyed whatever credibility you may have once had. (Be glad that many here seem to have forgotten your utterly whacked-out claim that ex-Mormon boards such as RfM are paving the way for a "Mormon Genocide.") Now you are merely lashing out in anger at me, not for any legitimate reason, but merely because you are a nutjob.

I still don't know whether DCP is an "apologist wanker" or one of the greats in Mormon apologia. You've smoothed over this reply.

Well, he is both. Some of his behavior, such as his rather immature and stupid article, "Apologetics by the Numbers," show him to be more than a little "wankerish," in my humble opinion. On the other hand, as I and others---such as Shades---have said elsewhere, he is certainly the greatest and most noteworthy of all LDS apologists. I'm afraid this duality cannot be "smoothed away," as you claim.

And frankly, if someone said they "admired" me, then called me a liar with psychopathic tendencies - I would stay a mile away from that person.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I have never called the Good Professor "psychopathic." Further, I think your claim that you would "stay a mile away from that person" is disingenuous at best.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Ray--- It is transparently obvious to everyone that you are an emotionally unhinged, and quite possibly insane individual.

Now let's see, here is what you said about DCP:

I think it is worthwhile to reiterate again that DCP is obviously a dishonest (and quite possibly pathologically sick) individual.

Yes, the same "Mopologist" you think so much of, whom you "respect".

One thing is clear, Scratch, anyone who disagrees with you is "insane" and "pathologically sick".

Nice one.

Mister Scratch wrote:Your mindless, rabid rantings, your profanity-laced posts, and your endless, vitriol-tinged outbursts have pretty much destroyed whatever credibility you may have once had. (Be glad that many here seem to have forgotten your utterly whacked-out claim that ex-Mormon boards such as RfM are paving the way for a "Mormon Genocide.") Now you are merely lashing out in anger at me, not for any legitimate reason, but merely because you are a nutjob.

No improvement on "hick bonehead". If I lash out at you I'm a "nutjob". Because King Scrathie can dish out criticism, but he can't take it. Of, course, no one has any "legitimate reason" to doubt you and your soap opera rantings.

Mister Scratch wrote:I have never called the Good Professor "psychopathic."

See, here is how you mince words and use semantics. You didn't call him "psychopathic" only:

Pathologically sick, a deeply dishonest individual, and an apologetic wanker, yet:

You are one of the great ones, in terms of Mopologetic history. I really believe that.

You really believe that? You need to get off the marijuana.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

You have lost all your marbles, Ray. I am saddened at the fact that someone who was once a calm, level-headed poster has degenerated into such a loony, arm-waving, nut case.

Tell me, Ray: will you start posting lengthy, heartfelt encomiums dedicated to me if I visit your "humble abode," wearing street clothes, and proceed to stroke your ego and tell you how great you are due to your belief in the Book of Mormon?
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mister Scratch wrote:Ray--- It is transparently obvious to everyone that you are an emotionally unhinged, and quite possibly insane individual.

Speak for yourself Scratch. I have made no such judgment about Ray.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:Ray--- It is transparently obvious to everyone that you are an emotionally unhinged, and quite possibly insane individual.

Speak for yourself Scratch. I have made no such judgment about Ray.

Ah, of course. Big surprise. Here comes ABman, in to correct me and point out how I am wrong yet again. Perhaps I should go digging for the post where you flipped out, after you (perhaps inadvertently) admitted that you would ditch the Church if it were shown, via logic, to be false? Tell me, what are you going to do for your second act---dole out yet another of your threats about how you are going to post everyone's IP addresses? For somebody who so often engages in cyber-stalkerish behavior, it seems you ride upon an awfully high horse indeed, my friend.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mister Scratch wrote:dole out yet another of your threats about how you are going to post everyone's IP addresses?

I would not do such a thing and I very much doubt I'd even make such a threat. I take personal privacy seriously. If I've ever ranted about IP addresses it's just so that others will be aware of what they are up against. Again, I would never try to disclose personal information. In fact I recommend surfing through a proxy or possibly through privoxy/tor (plugin available for firefox for convenience).

Perhaps I should go digging for the post where you flipped out, after you (perhaps inadvertently) admitted that you would ditch the Church if it were shown, via logic, to be false?

By all means, go digging for that post if you wish. Perhaps even I could learn something from it. I do not fear myself even when I may have done things I later regret. If I regret I'll apologize and move on. It's really not that difficult. My ego may be big, but I'm not completely crippled by it either.

Big surprise. Here comes ABman, in to correct me and point out how I am wrong yet again.

My only intention was to let Ray A know that I do not ncessarily agree with your assessment of him by virtue of my silence. I often skip these sort of threads so perhaps is was a mistake for me to reply to it.

it seems you ride upon an awfully high horse indeed, my friend.

Since when? I would never claim moral superiority when I go around with my somewhat impish humor. I just don't like being tacitly used to insult others ("obvious to everyone that" . . . ). And why does this have to be about high horses? Is it such a snobbish thing for me to oppose having my name implicitly used to support a position I do not have? Perhaps you understand language differently than I do and only meant your statement figuratively but I jumped down your throat over semantics. If that's the case, then I apologigize for being jumpy and my like or dislike of your particular choice of words becomes unimportant. Who really cares what asbestosman thinks about semantics? My guess would be that only I do.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Mister Scratch wrote:Tell me, what are you going to do for your second act---dole out yet another of your threats about how you are going to post everyone's IP addresses? For somebody who so often engages in cyber-stalkerish behavior, it seems you ride upon an awfully high horse indeed, my friend.

When did this happen? I haven't seen asbestosman threatening to post IP addresses?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:You have lost all your marbles, Ray. I am saddened at the fact that someone who was once a calm, level-headed poster has degenerated into such a loony, arm-waving, nut case.

Like I said, Scratch, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "nutcase".

Mister Scratch wrote:Tell me, Ray: will you start posting lengthy, heartfelt encomiums dedicated to me if I visit your "humble abode," wearing street clothes, and proceed to stroke your ego and tell you how great you are due to your belief in the Book of Mormon?

Your sarcasm knows no bounds, Scratch. See, you have labelled me with something I am not, and it will stick with you, because, again, like I said, the only opinion that matters to you is - yours. As long as you continue your diatribes and slander and motive-reading of others I will consider you to be a very sad and pathetic person. That you claim to be member of the Church makes this doubly worse. Steve Benson soars in my estimation compared to you, and he is no friend of mine.

I really wish I could like you, but the slanderous, accusatory smut that flows from your keyboard cannot go unanswered. You are a character and reputation smearer hiding behind anonymity. In other words, you as low as human life gets.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

asbestosman wrote:I would not do such a thing and I very much doubt I'd even make such a threat. I take personal privacy seriously. If I've ever ranted about IP addresses it's just so that others will be aware of what they are up against.

Butting in here. I know what you're saying. And I think unprincipled exmos who would do what you don't, need to be warned. I'm glad you have that expertise.

(I do not put anything beyond angry exmos, because they are an UNprincipled lot. Maybe the "message" will strike home one day.)
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Ray A wrote:(I do not put anything beyond angry exmos, because they are an UNprincipled lot. Maybe the "message" will strike home one day.)

I'll be fair Ray. I wouldn't put anything past angry homo-sapiens. People are the craziest people I know especially when it comes to love, hate, and religion (or lack thereof).
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO