Sunday School Lesson Chart

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Coggins7 wrote:
Mormunlogic. It was already bad enough and you just keep making it worse.

Unfortunately Lucretia, the only other alternative is Dawkins, ie., the experiences of the children of rape of genocide mean absolutely and utterly nothing. The Gospel holds out the possibility that the horrors some experience in this life were not experienced in vain, as in your world or in Dawkin's or Sagan's, or Hawking's world. They need not have been experienced as merely terrible epiphenomena of a cold, purposeless universe, but can be seen, from the perspective of the Atonement, the grace of Christ, and the panorama of the plan of salvation, as meaningful, no matter how unpleasant, and as something out of which greater good can ultimately come if paired with a knowledge of the Gospel and the healing power of the atonement.

It has always struck me as interesting that the most vigorous pacifists are those who fear death the most because they believe there is nothing beyond it, and the most critical of the existence of evil in the world are precisely those who's own materialist philosophy precludes the concept of evil having any intrinsic meaning.

coggins, I would rather believe that the suffering of children has purpose then to be left with this wound of horror that there is no sense in it. My universe is one in which I call for God to help and have personally pleaded for God to intercede and I see nothing. So where you see a plan, why is it that others that call his name hear not and see not? I don't besmirch your faith. I wish I felt that there was a plan and that the horrors of the world were not senseless... I grieve because I do not believe that.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Coggins7 wrote:Gadianton understands LDS theology very well, as he made quite clear at ZLMB over an extended period of time.

Thanks Coggins!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.