How did dating work for polygamist?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Harmony

Post by _harmony »

Gazelam wrote:Let me ask you this. Does or does not Christ run this church? Who is at the head, Christ or Hinkley and the Twelve? With that in mind, why are you so choosey in the doctrines you accept and decline?

This needs it's own thead.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Gazelam wrote:Let me ask you this. Does or does not Christ run this church? Who is at the head, Christ or Hinkley and the Twelve? With that in mind, why are you so choosey in the doctrines you accept and decline?

If one picked Christ over Hinkley and the Twelve, then wouldn't that answer why one was "choosey" about "doctrines"?
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Blixa wrote:

If one picked Christ over Hinkley and the Twelve, then wouldn't that answer why one was "choosey" about "doctrines"?

Yes it would.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Christ is at the head of the church. If he was unhappy with Hinkley he would simply take his life and give the position to another. Christ would correct doctrine if he felt it needed to be corrected. If the mall was being built inappropriately, somethign like a fire or earthquake wouldent be all that hard for him either.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Gazelam wrote:Christ is at the head of the church. If he was unhappy with Hinkley he would simply take his life and give the position to another.

Like he took Joseph's?

Christ would correct doctrine if he felt it needed to be corrected.

It took him 100+ years to correct Brigham's mistake. What makes you think our leaders listen any better today?

If the mall was being built inappropriately, somethign like a fire or earthquake wouldent be all that hard for him either.

And innocent people would die, for the mistakes of our leaders. I'm sure they want that on their shoulders. You're gonna be a harsh God, aren't ya, Gaz?

Check the other thread for my answer to your question.