Channeling Runtu: Top Ten Ways LDS Apologists Eat A Reese's

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Who Knows wrote:Can you post it here?

Why not? It's already out for the world to see on RfM....might as well save it here (since it'll go down the tube over on RfM in a few days). Here it is:

I've spoken and emailed with John since the nightmare at the hospital and I can vouch that his new medication is working well and he seems happier than he has in a very long time, which is an incredible relief to me.

John is a fine man and I wish him only the best. He's preparing to move himself and his family to Utah and he's really looking forward to his new life there.

KA
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Here's one of mine from MA&D:

Blake Ostler: The standard misconception is that a Reese’s must have acquired peanut butter and chocolate at some given time in order to be a Reese’s. This is not necessary when we look at what is meant by peanut butter and whether or not Reese’s is a descriptive or a title. I posit that a Reese’s can be fully Reese’s without necessarily having peanut butter or chocolate.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Somebody needs to write one on how Joseph Smith would eat his Reeses, or do one on an apologist who is always claiming Joseph didn't have sex with his plural wives since we don't have the children to prove it.

I think Joseph would have pleasured himself with all the flavors and then he might come steal some of yours.

http://www.hersheys.com/products/detail ... ercups.asp
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence...
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Blixa's Nibley post drew compliments at MAD. That thread is still continuing strong over there and Tsuzuki's cartoon drew big laughs as well.

by the way, I suspect that Blixa will probably become a Deity sometime Friday or sooner. Does Bond have the cake and champagne ready?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

moksha wrote: ...Tsuzuki's cartoon drew big laughs as well.

That's funny! The first Reese's vision. But to me, those Reese's cups look a little like cupcake wrappers...I wouldn't doubt that Joseph Smith had lots of visions of cupcakes.

I eagerly await Blixa's Goddesshood and will gladly drink some champagne in her honor. I'll drink a glass in proxy for you, Moksha.

KA
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

4. Gazelam: We can best learn about eating Reese's in this lengthy quote from Joseph F. McConkie (might I add that he was my mission president) ...

Just because I am sharing a really good Peanut Butter cup recipie that is not my own, does that mean I should not say that its good and share it with others?

If I enjoy it and find it satisfying and injest it, can I not then claim it as my own?

Perhaps I will instead claim a Kit Kat. They are made to be shared.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

moksha wrote:Blixa's Nibley post drew compliments at MAD.

Heh. Thanks, Mok. And here I was thinking my name would never sully the kingdom of the MAD...

by the way, I suspect that Blixa will probably become a Deity sometime Friday or sooner. Does Bond have the cake and champagne ready?

Forget me, has someone kinged the Nehor already? Get on it, guys! Or do you want him to don his black cloak and return to sorcery, Satanism and spellcasting?
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

The thread in the parallel universe of MAD has taken a turn for the sidesplitting. I highly recommend people check in over there.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Here's one of the more amusing posts, from our own CKSalmon:

Channeling Her Amun:

Fig. 5. Is called in Egyptian Reeses-go-on-down-throat; this is one of the governing delectations also, and is said by the Egyptians to be the Cup, and to borrow its filling from Kolob through the medium of Cadbury-carb-rush, which is the grand Candy, or, in other words, the governing delectation, which governs fifteen other fixed peanuts or bars, as also Fizzies or the Moonpie, the Aero and the Skor in their annual revolutions. This peanut receives its power through the medium of Kit-kat-chun-kee, or Havi-land-thin-mint, the bars represented by numbers 22 and 23, receiving filling from the revolutions of the Cup.

FACTS are stubborn THINGS!!!!!!!!!!! :diablo:
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Lol. Thanks for posting Celestial Kingdom. And nice work CKS.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...