Seyffarth Chronicles, Episode 2: The Ellipses Strike Back

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

As for posting pictures...

'Nuff said.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

CaliforniaKid wrote:As for posting pictures...

'Nuff said.

Call me Ishmael… (dig the old-school chin-strap… you’d make a good Mormon).
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Excellent. This is just about ready to split off into a new thread, or maybe two: which MDB posters do you most want to see a photo of (and of course the companion/converse MAD poster thread).
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

CaliforniaKid wrote:As for posting pictures...

'Nuff said.

Is this one of those "one of these is not like the others" games? Which one's the monkey?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

No, this is a "spot the differences" game. ;-)
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Bond...James Bond wrote: You really don't look your age (in the good way of course ;P)

Too little, too late!

Not Princess Kashmir anymore because I'm too old,

KA

PS - And as a comment on the OP, Celestial Kingdom is right. The Tanner's would have been skewered for their use of ellipses...........................................................................
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Dr. Dan Peterson makes me want to puke. But, that's just me - maybe I'm overly sensitive.

Indeed, the name on the papyrus is Horus. The owner of the papyrus was Horus. The whole papyrus is a tribute to Horus, from beginning to end. But we see foolish doctors of education blind themselves from the truth in order to reject things they don't want to accept. You fools!

Seriously, I've seen more wisdom come out of young Celestial Kingdom than I have from DCP. All I've ever seen come out of DCP's mouth is vomit. Pure vomit, and Satan loves to lick it up. Oh the pride of academia! The angels of hell are cheering!

Paul O
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Paul Osborne wrote:Dr. Dan Peterson makes me want to puke. But, that's just me - maybe I'm overly sensitive.

Indeed, the name on the papyrus is Horus. The owner of the papyrus was Horus. The whole papyrus is a tribute to Horus, from beginning to end. But we see foolish doctors of education blind themselves from the truth in order to reject things they don't want to accept. You fools!

Seriously, I've seen more wisdom come out of young Celestial Kingdom than I have from DCP. All I've ever seen come out of DCP's mouth is vomit. Pure vomit, and Satan loves to lick it up. Oh the pride of academia! The angels of hell are cheering!

Paul O

LOL! Paul O, are you for real? I'm not familiar with you - are you a critic of Mormonism or a Mormon who strongly dislikes Dr. Peterson?

Of course the papyrus is a copy of the Book of the Dead and was in no way written by the hand of Abraham. Is that the truth Dr. Peterson is rejecting? The truth is Joseph Smith had no idea in hell what he was looking at and made a farce of a translation. It seems pretty evident to me, too. But maybe that's because I'm not a prideful academic.

KA
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

KimberlyAnn wrote:LOL! Paul O, are you for real?

Paul believes what Brigham Young taught: That people live in the sun, and I'm not saying that sarcastically.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Ray A wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:LOL! Paul O, are you for real?

Paul believes what Brigham Young taught: That people live in the sun, and I'm not saying that sarcastically.

Well, he sure seems entertaining!

KA