Would it be too much to ask...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:Yes... it might just be too much to ask.

THis is why I put you in the same class as PP and merc.

How do you know I wasn't providing commentary on the board in general as I see it? What makes you think I was referring to myself?

I'm noticing you're not a very loving christian. Have I ever done anything to you? What have I said that makes you write such angry sounding posts? And most importantly, what responsibility are you going to take with respect to your anger, or will you continue to blame the likes of me?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

How do you know I wasn't providing commentary on the board in general as I see it? What makes you think I was referring to myself?

Assumption. Feel free to corrrect me if I am wrong.

I'm noticing you're not a very loving christian.

At times I do better then others. But why is it non believer frequently use this when someone who claims to believe falls short of the standard. I do not claim to be perfect and the natural man wins out at times.

Have I ever done anything to you?

Nope. Did I say you have?

What have I said that makes you write such angry sounding posts?

My posts are not angry at all. Just calling some bad behavior when I see it.

And most importantly, what responsibility are you going to take with respect to your anger, or will you continue to blame the likes of me?

I am not angry in the least. You sound angry though. Nor do I blame you for anything. But I do point out foolishness and I have seen you pounce on Peterson for no reason at all, which is foolish. PP, you and Merc do this thoug you do it less.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Jason Bourne wrote:

Assumption. Feel free to corrrect me if I am wrong.

I just did.

Jason Bourne wrote:
I'm noticing you're not a very loving christian.

At times I do better then others. But why is it non believer frequently use this when someone who claims to believe falls short of the standard. I do not claim to be perfect and the natural man wins out at times.

The reason I point it out is that if you want encourage others to be christain, you'd be more effective if you lead by example. I also sometimes point it out to others because I perceive in them a desire to appear superior simply by calling themselves christian, and being a christian clearly does not make a person better.

Jason Bourne wrote:
Have I ever done anything to you?

Nope. Did I say you have?

Well, you've mentioned me a couple times now, of which I'm aware. I've clearly made some sort of negative impression on you.

Jason Bourne wrote:
What have I said that makes you write such angry sounding posts?

My posts are not angry at all. Just calling some bad behavior when I see it.

Denial is a wonderful, no doubt about that.

Jason Bourne wrote:
And most importantly, what responsibility are you going to take with respect to your anger, or will you continue to blame the likes of me?

I am not angry in the least. You sound angry though. Nor do I blame you for anything. But I do point out foolishness and I have seen you pounce on Peterson for no reason at all, which is foolish. PP, you and Merc do this thoug you do it less.

Well, to you, maybe I do sound angry. Occasionally when I post, I am (not often, but sometimes. I'm subject to moods just like everyone else).

But if you want to hear about foolish, it's making assessments about other people's motives with limited information, and then calling it "foolish" when you haven't a clue about what you're talking about. That's right up there bell bottoms and eating at McDonald's as far as "foolish" is concerned.

Why would I pounce on DCP for "no reason at all?" It's foolish to believe anyone does anything for "no reason at all."
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Would it be too much to ask...

Post by _moksha »

Coggins7 wrote: I think you're forgetting where you are Seth. This is Mormondiscussions.com, the little baby brother of RFM. A critical mass of the kind of people you would need to engage in a mature, civil discourse with Dr. Peterson do not exist in this forum, and never will.

Where this critical mass has been achieved, a sufficient chain reaction has occurred as to rend the very fabric of reality. It was awesome. People spoke in Reformed Egyptian, wrote in the Deseret Alphabet; further they all were bathed in light through the medium of Kli-flos-is-es, or Hah-ko-kau-beams.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

DCP holds himself very well against attack. I've always been impressed by that. And I do genuinely think that he says what he means, and means what he says. I haven't seen anything that would make me think otherwise. And I respect that...
...do I take much of what he says that seriously? ...not so much - but some of the pure bile I've seen thrown at the guy is kinda beyond belief!

I'm with Sethbag. If you have an uncontrollable urge to give DCP a smack round the head, then I'd suggest sticking to reasoned argument. Otherwise, maybe there are passers by you can insult with equal passion.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Some Schmo wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:Yes... it might just be too much to ask.

THis is why I put you in the same class as PP and merc.

I'm noticing you're not a very loving christian. Have I ever done anything to you? What have I said that makes you write such angry sounding posts? And most importantly, what responsibility are you going to take with respect to your anger, or will you continue to blame the likes of me?
Merc, Schmo, and PP stand shoulder to shoulder, boney fingers pointing towards Jason, All together now! one.. two... three "HYPOCRITE!!"