Would it be too much to ask...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Would it be too much to ask...

Post by _Sethbag »

to have at least a few threads where any involvement by Dan Peterson isn't followed immediately by just a bunch of name calling and personal attacks? It's happened far too often, I think, since he first posted here, that as soon as he shows up in a thread, he just gets dog-piled by people calling him names and whatnot, and aside from being rude, it also pretty much derails any thread this occurs in.

Ok, a lot of critics don't like Dr. Peterson. We get it. Can we have a few name-calling-free threads now?
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Seth,

I think that he'll have to go to the Celestial Kingdom for that.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Sethbag wrote:Ok, a lot of critics don't like Dr. Peterson. We get it. Can we have a few name-calling-free threads now?

I agree.

There is no reason for us to act as venomous as Pahoran et. al. act toward critics on the "other board".

;)

I actually appreciate Dr. Peterson's perspective, and can learn a lot from him. The fact that he is posting here opens the possibility that he just might learn something from us as well. In spite of himself, he might actually have a good time here.

;)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I agree.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

So... tempted... to... name-call... must... resist...

by the way,
Bestie: "I think that he'll have to go to the Celestial Kingdom for that."

I thought the Terrestrial Forum was supposed to be free of name-calling as well(?)
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Yes... it might just be too much to ask.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Doctor Steuss wrote:
I thought the Terrestrial Forum was supposed to be free of name-calling as well(?)

I've sent pms about this, and apparently that is not the case.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: Would it be too much to ask...

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Sethbag wrote:to have at least a few threads where any involvement by Dan Peterson isn't followed immediately by just a bunch of name calling and personal attacks? It's happened far too often, I think, since he first posted here, that as soon as he shows up in a thread, he just gets dog-piled by people calling him names and whatnot, and aside from being rude, it also pretty much derails any thread this occurs in.

Ok, a lot of critics don't like Dr. Peterson. We get it. Can we have a few name-calling-free threads now?

PP, Merc and Schmo seem the primary offenders in this regards.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Jason Bourne wrote:
Sethbag wrote:to have at least a few threads where any involvement by Dan Peterson isn't followed immediately by just a bunch of name calling and personal attacks? It's happened far too often, I think, since he first posted here, that as soon as he shows up in a thread, he just gets dog-piled by people calling him names and whatnot, and aside from being rude, it also pretty much derails any thread this occurs in.

never mind. :D
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Jason Bourne wrote:

Thanks for thinking of me. You're too kind.

Wait a second... are you calling me a primary offender? Stop the name calling, for god's sake!
Last edited by Alf'Omega on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.