Would it be too much to ask...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Re: Would it be too much to ask...

Post by _Ray A »

Sethbag wrote:to have at least a few threads where any involvement by Dan Peterson isn't followed immediately by just a bunch of name calling and personal attacks? It's happened far too often, I think, since he first posted here, that as soon as he shows up in a thread, he just gets dog-piled by people calling him names and whatnot, and aside from being rude, it also pretty much derails any thread this occurs in.

Ok, a lot of critics don't like Dr. Peterson. We get it. Can we have a few name-calling-free threads now?

Seth, my apologies for being so harsh with you on MADB at times. I misjudged you.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Porter

Post by _Gazelam »

The lord looks upon sin with the least degree of allowance.

Glad to see that you memorized some scripture. Heres another:

D&C 88:61
For I will forgive you of your sins with this commandment - that you remain steadfast in your minds in solemnity and the spirit of prayer, in bearing testimony to all the world of those things which are communicated unto you.

Remember all those witnesses of the Holy Ghost you had? that's what its refering to. Theres hope for you yet. When would you like me to schedule a splitz with the missionaries for you?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Porter

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:
The lord looks upon sin with the least degree of allowance.

Glad to see that you memorized some scripture. Heres another:

D&C 88:61
For I will forgive you of your sins with this commandment - that you remain steadfast in your minds in solemnity and the spirit of prayer, in bearing testimony to all the world of those things which are communicated unto you.

Remember all those witnesses of the Holy Ghost you had? that's what its refering to. Theres hope for you yet. When would you like me to schedule a splitz with the missionaries for you?
Fresh suckers for me to shock and awe? That would be sweet!
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Porter

Post by _Gazelam »

Which experience with the Holy Ghost would you share?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Porter

Gazelam wrote:Which experience with the Holy Ghost would you share?
I'd share exacly how I felt when I went through the SLC temple.

I did that the last time the idiots came by.

Explain to me GAZ, how pantomiming your own gruesome suicide has anything to do with the story and principles of CHRIST.

I alway approach them in a very kind and gentle way, lead them to the holes in their own faith, and laugh loudly when they fall in.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

When making covenants in the temple you took an oath to honor the promises you made to the point of sacrificeing your life in order to do so. If you look into the scriptures you'll se that this is not unusual.

You also promised to consecrate your life to the building up the kingdom of the Lord. Remember the days of selling all that you had and giving it to the church to builld temples and help others gather to Zion? Let me ask you this. How did Christ spend his time? what if he took your attitude, that laying down your life for the cause of salvation and adherence to law is a thing to ridicule? Where would we be then?

You took a wrong turn somewhere. I don't know what caused it. Christ is the Savior, and this is his church. Every person in it is different. ever spent time with a truly righteous member? What was it like to spend time with them?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:When making covenants in the temple you took an oath to honor the promises you made to the point of sacrificeing your life in order to do so. If you look into the scriptures you'll se that this is not unusual.

You also promised to consecrate your life to the building up the kingdom of the Lord. Remember the days of selling all that you had and giving it to the church to builld temples and help others gather to Zion? Let me ask you this. How did Christ spend his time? what if he took your attitude, that laying down your life for the cause of salvation and adherence to law is a thing to ridicule? Where would we be then?

You took a wrong turn somewhere. I don't know what caused it. Christ is the Savior, and this is his church. Every person in it is different. ever spent time with a truly righteous member? What was it like to spend time with them?
I was thinking awful thoughts in the temple and cursing under my breath. The fbomb fell in whispers from my lips MANY times that day.

I did not make any promises or covenants that day. I avoided repeating those statements as I felt that it was a cult. I felt I was deceived and lied to. Had I been taught these things in the supposed "temple preparation" class I would have never worn a bakers hat or wrapped my ass in a garment sling.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I'm not gonna say that its not alot to take in. Perhaps the temple preparation class should go a little deeper than it does. I think more could be said about the temple outside of it than is currently being said. Is that a reason to discard the entire gospel? Because it was too much to take in the first time?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:I'm not gonna say that its not alot to take in. Perhaps the temple preparation class should go a little deeper than it does. I think more could be said about the temple outside of it than is currently being said. Is that a reason to discard the entire gospel? Because it was too much to take in the first time?
I went through in 1988. I admit that the post 1990 ceremony was far less offensive and bizarre, but in my opinion, still cultlike.

A proper, honest temple preparation class would divulge everything. The links to masonry, Smith's history with masonry and his polygamous marriage to the widow of Captain William Morgan, who wrote an expose on masonry and was killed for doing so and how his marriage to the REMARRIED widow of Morgan gave him access to this veritable HANDBOOK on masonry. Even BYU Farms discusses the masonry connection in the open and even calls the temple ceremony PURE MASONRY.

All of the changes it has gone through, and cut the lies about how it originated with Adam and passed up through Solomon's temple. Pure rubbish.

But, like I said, a class full of meaty truth like that would probably cause the closure of many mc'temples due to a massive drop in first time temple patrons.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Some Schmo wrote:Yes... it might just be too much to ask.

THis is why I put you in the same class as PP and merc.