Experiences With The Occult

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

My favorite cautionary tale about ouija boards
CBN.com – Jeff Harshbarger was only in the third grade when his parents bought an ouija board. It seemed like a lot of fun until he found out that it was no game.

Phaedrus
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Nehor brought up the point on the other thread that his friend Larry might not qualify for "the law", and therefore his works of darkness may be null and void. I wonder how many sorcerers are held accountable by the law. In other words, serious practitioners of majic(k) who don't have mental health issues?

Where's Tsuzuki? This thread was made for him.

Yeah, except Tzuzuki is an Internet Sorcerer, isn't he?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:My favorite cautionary tale about ouija boards
CBN.com – Jeff Harshbarger was only in the third grade when his parents bought an ouija board. It seemed like a lot of fun until he found out that it was no game.

Phaedrus

The saddest part of this story (if there's any truth to it at all) is that the guy was never treated for his delusions. It seems rather obvious that he was deeply disturbed by his father's alcoholism, and whatever else it was that contributed to his apparent insanity.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I was re-reading Quinn's Early Momornism and the Magic World View last week and was thinking about the once proud tradition of rodsmen or water witches. My dad can do this and he taught me how to. And I've seen it work. Or at least I've seen what looks like success.

His method is the two bent wires, held loosely which cross over when you're standing over water. One summer, one of my brothers had a summer job as caretaker of a small park in SLC, and was having trouble with the sprinklers. Some of the heads were buried, he couldn't find them and the map of the plans had been lost. My dad found them by dousing.

I was intrigued so got him to show me and I was able to locate sprinkler pipes in our yard (with no coaching, obviously). I did the same with other yards, too.

Currently, my dad is taking care of my grandmother's place while she's in the hospital. Again, more sprinkler trouble---my grandpa had his own method for laying the pipes--he may have built the whole thing, too. Anyway, there's a leak in it somewhere that's raising her water bill, so once again dad used his douser's skill to follow the path of the pipe and locate the leak.

So what does all this mean? I dunno, really. Interestingly, in all these examples its never just been water that's found, but water in metal pipes. And of course it could all be coincidence or ....??
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I passed on the invite.....no dice.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Then he should prepare for a major hex n' spell assault!!

(out of curiousity, why not?)
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Well, years ago I was going though my Grampa's attic and I came across this dusty trunk full of books. Being a curious youngman, I endevored to ascetain the contents. At the time I really didn't think much of the fact that all of the books were the archeology department of some tiny university back east in some town I've never heard of before. "Miskatonic" or some such, I chalked the name up to people on the north east coast of the US liking to name places after Indians and stuff...

There was one book in particular that caught my interest. The strange, almost surreal quality of the strange language it was written in seemed to shift as I gazed on it, almost as if it wasn't truely of this world. I flipped the book open to a random page, and trying to sound out the words, I uttered the phrase that would doom mankind and render my sanity lost forever...

"CthulRoy was here"....
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Are you sure it wasn't, "I, Nephi, being born of goodly parents...?"
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

I once told my home teacher that I could go alone and at night to a remote and spooky grave yard in the country, challenge all the demons in the unverse with a loud voice and then roll out my sleeping bag and sleep like a baby all night right in the graveyard.

Somehow my saying this spooked the hometeacher and he had to quickly leave.

_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Tarski wrote:I once told my home teacher that I could go alone and at night to a remote and spooky grave yard in the country, challenge all the demons in the unverse with a loud voice and then roll out my sleeping bag and sleep like a baby all night right in the graveyard.

Somehow my saying this spooked the hometeacher and he had to quickly leave.

One of my plans after death is to go to Boy Scout camps and stick my spiritual hand out of the grave and moan. Should be great fun.

(Note: Throughout this story when I say occult I mean Satanism, not the dictionary definition of the word. By that definition I am most certainly still am and will continue to be an occultist seeking out the secret mysteries. I just choose a better teacher now)

Some of my story:

I knew that trappings like candles, etc. were just aides to concentration. I did have a black robe and used it because it seemed to fit and helped me to concentrate. I should also say that when I say I delved into the occult I was not praying to Earth Spirits, I was trying to contact demons in order to work miracles and I knew it. I did things I can't physically explain in any other way but them being supernatural. I should also say my mind was pretty clear and I wasn't under the influence of anything. I got many things that I wanted that I thought it was impossible for me to get.

The downsides were strong. I was mean, very mean. I pushed friends away, especially LDS friends. While to myself and the few who knew what I was doing I laughed it off as a semi-joke I was scared. Physically I degenerated though some of this was probably due to my diet, lack of exercise, and my lack of sleep (nightmares). I wasn't having fun. My spare time was devoted mostly to trying to make more contacts (what I called them) and trying to mentally strengthen myself so I could come out of the next encounter stronger, more in control. There were a few times I felt like I was only halfway in control of my actions. A friend (still into the occult and still a friend) tried to give me books and such but they seemed so....beneath me. I felt I was doing better.

It all ended one morning when I woke up and the sun was shining through the window. I got up and started meditating for a try to work some magic later that morning. All the sudden it hit me....an epiphany. I was miserable, tired, and the thrill was gone. Then came the realization of: "What the HELL AM I DOING?" I flew to my prayers in a kind of terror afraid the heavens were closed. The Spirit was immediatly there like it was before telling me I was not gone. I reconnected with friends and repaired my relationships over time. After a few weeks I felt forgiven.

The sad thing is I still find the occult fascinating. Don't know why.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo