Congratulations to BLIXA for achieving Goddesshood!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Congratulations to BLIXA for achieving Goddesshood!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

On Thursday July 19, 2007 at exactly 1:36 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, our very own BLIXA, she of the Second Life avatars, worked out her salvation and was crowned with her mantle of exaltation, yea, even GODDESSHOOD!

She is the twentieth mortal to achieve godhood so far (on this board, at least). I'd say that makes us about equal to all the Greek mythologies combined, right?

If anyone has anything nice to say about Blixa, now is the time and this is the thread to do so.

In the meantime, let's hear from Blixa herself. Well? Speech! Speech!

(P.S. How did your cat get its name?)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Yea! Another goddess! And we don't wear purple or red hats!
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

It appears that there are more goddesses than gods. Does that mean Blixa will get her way and men will do the seahorse thing in the afterlife?

If anyone deserves gddesshood, it'd be Blixa. Someone who finds the time to do the message board thing, keep track of their first life and yet play Second Life is someone who knows how to manage a universe . . .

. . . just as long at the celestial seahorse males don't have to experience morning sickness or sea-sections.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Wow, she climbed fast.

Congratulations Blixa. Goddess of grammer.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Grats, welcome. Trust me, they tell me the hazing here will end any day now :)
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Congratulations Blixa oh goddess of Brooklyn!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

My Dear Mr. Shades,

I will no longer grace you will the title of "Doctor" because you continue to ignore my demands for proper housing. When I signed on as a moderator you promised me a private apartment on Hottie Row. And yet.....once again I am forced to move. When Nehor was crowned I once again was forced to room with Coggins, and when Blixa moved into the neighborhood guess who had to move into the flat with us???? My old pal Mister Snore uhhhh Mister Scratch. Well Scratch works just as well cause he enjoys ass scratching during breakfast. I've involuntarily lost 5 lbs this week due to loss of appetite. And did I mention the neighbors? Ray A is up half the night hot tubbing with some of the local hotties, and for some reason I'm never on Ray A's A-list of guests. What the hell Shades?

PS: Congrats Blixa ;)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

I've always known Blixa was a Goddess and it's good to see she's been formally declared as such!

KA
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I think about now we should be playing The Ride of the Valkyries and tossing a few thunderbolts in celebration. Congratulations Blixa!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Oh my Me!

This is better than when I got tenure!

Thanks for all your kind words, everybody. I couldn't a done without all your posts to leave replies to!

Dr. Shades, my cat is named for German musician and performer Blixa Bargeld, member of Einstürzende Neubauten, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and currently a stage actor. He's always been one of my style gods. Here's a gallery of early Blixa, contemporary Blixa, and Blixa the cat:

Anything else anyone wants to know?
Last edited by Ahoody on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."