Unravelling the DaVinci Code

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Unravelling the DaVinci Code

Post by _Inconceivable »

DaVinci must have been right:

I discover that some of the Eastern papers represent me as a great
blasphemer, because I said, in my lecture on Marriage, at our last
Conference, that Jesus Christ was married at Cana of Galilee, that Mary,
Martha, and others were his wives, and that he begat children.

All that I have to say in reply to that charge is this - they
worship a Savior that is too pure and holy to fulfil the commands of his
Father. I worship one that is just pure and holy enough "to fulfil all
righteousness;" not only the righteous law of baptism, but the still more
righteous and important law "to multiply and replenish the earth." Startle
not at this! for even the Father himself honored that law by coming down
to Mary, without a natural body, and begetting a son; and if Jesus begat
children, he only "did that which he had seen his Father do."

Journal of Discourses: Orson Hyde March 18, 1855 SLC

What are the odds of Tom Hank's character finding a dead naked man at Temple Square in the next movie?
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Post by _Inconceivable »

Pass on still further in their history, and look at their course and conduct, if you will believe the
writers that lived in that age. What does old Celsus say, who was physician in the first century,
whose medical works are esteemed very highly at the present time. His works on theology were
burned with fire by the Catholics, they were so shocked at what they called their impiety. Celsus
was a heathen philosopher; and what does he say upon the subject of Christ and his Apostles, and
their belief? He says, "The grand reason why the Gentiles and philosophers of his school persecuted
Jesus Christ, was, because he had so many wives; there were Elizabeth, and Mary, and a host of
others that followed him."
After Jesus went from the stage of action, the Apostles followed the
example of their master
. For instance, John the beloved disciple, writes in his second Epistle, "Unto
the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth." Again, he says, "Having many things to
write unto you (or communicate), I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you,
and speak face to face, that our joy may be full." Again -"The children of thy elect sister greet thee.

" This ancient philosopher says they were both John's wives. Paul says, "Mine answer to them that
do examine me is this:

Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the
brethren of the Lord, and Cephas." He, according to Celsus, had a numerous train of wives.

The grand reason of the burst of public sentiment in anathemas upon Christ and his
disciples, causing his crucifixion, was evidently based upon polygamy, according to the testimony
of the philosophers who rose in that age. A belief in the doctrine of a plurality of wives caused the
persecution of Jesus and his followers. We might almost think they were "Mormons."

John Dehlin 1:346 Jedediah M. Grant August 7, 1853

Food for thought - Not particularly milk, perhaps more like boiled boot leather.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Well.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Re: Unravelling the DaVinci Code

Post by _silentkid »

Inconceivable wrote:What are the odds of Tom Hank's character finding a dead naked man at Temple Square in the next movie?

I remember reading somewhere a while back (I'm too lazy to look for a link) that the new Dan Brown book was going to have something to do with freemasonry and that it may have some references to Mormonism.
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Re: Unravelling the DaVinci Code

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

Inconceivable wrote:What are the odds of Tom Hank's character finding a dead naked man at Temple Square in the next movie?

I'd say pretty good. The new novel is called The Solomon Key. There are clues inside the novel and on the dust jacket that indicating new parts of the plot line. These include Washington DC and it's masonic layout. The CIA headquarters and the Kryptos statue on there headquarters. In addition there is the hidden phrase "Is there no help for the widows son" this is a masonic distress call with links to Joseph Smith and Mormon history of the temple ceremony. Reed C Durham delivered a MHA address with that title connecting masonry and Mormonism.

I was one of the early readers of Brown's novels and people to make the Mormon connection with the clues. I suspect you see a plot with Robert Langdon traveling through DC using some masonic clues possible investigating the death of a high ranking Mormon intelligence official. My guess is the plot will be connection masonic history of the United States and Mormon ritual.

Phaedrus

//If you look at the random numbers on the jacket and bold letters they are the first clues to the next book.