A Square Peg in a Round Hole

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:I played that game once, and vowed to myself that if I were ever tempted to do so again, I'd stick hot needles in my eyeballs to prepare myself for the pain.

Why?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Some Schmo wrote:Aha!! So the truth comes out!

I've played poker once in my adult life and won. I am unbeaten!! (Do you see what I'm getting at here... :))

Hey, I didn't say I hadn't played it very much, just not that often anymore. I played Risk like crazy as a newlywed with a few other military families and I played it at least five or six times with our friends before they moved. Perhaps in comparison to you I haven't played it a lot, but I've certainly played it more than twenty times!

And yes, I see what you're getting at there, Schmo. Do you think I'm dim? Well, it's to your detriment that you do. You just go ahead and think I'm a simpleton; it'll be to my advantage if we ever do play Risk. You won't know what hit you! (And I'm not talking about a spanking.) :P

KA
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:I played that game once, and vowed to myself that if I were ever tempted to do so again, I'd stick hot needles in my eyeballs to prepare myself for the pain.

Why?

Well... I wouldn't want to be unprepared for what was to come.

Oh wait... you were probably asking why it was painful.

We tried it out back in the days when we were playing a ton of Risk, and to me, it just seemed like a Risk wannabe game. Unfortunately, it was like Risk, except it was dull, historically tainted, and mechanically clunky (in my opinion).
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:I've never lost at Risk to anyone. I love that game and I play it very aggressively.

Ever played Axis & Allies?

No, Dr. Shades, I haven't played it. I've heard of it and I wouldn't doubt if my husband hasn't played it - he loves war games. I know it's a board game, but is it also a video game? It sounds so familiar.

KA
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

KimberlyAnn wrote: And yes, I see what you're getting at there, Schmo. Do you think I'm dim? Well, it's to your detriment that you do. You just go ahead and think I'm a simpleton; it'll be to my advantage if we ever do play Risk. You won't know what hit you! (And I'm not talking about a spanking.) :P

KA

I think you are anything but a simpleton.

I knew you'd know what I was getting at (it was a rhetorical question). I was just doing what I normally do with any potential game opponent... let the trash talk begin! I'm not fully engaged in the game until I've delivered a good taunt or two.

;)
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

That reminds me. My brothers and I like to play Risk 2 online. It lets you do simultaneous battles and also attacks from multiple territories to one territory for extra dice.

Nothing wrong with competitive women (or men) just as long as I can beat 'em in something (like maybe 4d tic-tac-toe).

Oh, and I all about trash-talk too.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

My game's Boggle. Yeah, that's right. Me and Peggy Hill.

(I've also been loving this variation on Scrabble called "Word Up" or "Up Words," can't remember which. Basically you build on top of completed word tiles...)
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."