A Square Peg in a Round Hole

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Some Schmo wrote:Damn I love your story posts, Kim! Seriously. You have a way about you...

But I have to say that, although you'd likely beat me at chess, I'd kick your ass at Risk.

:)

Oh, no you wouldn't! I've never lost at Risk to anyone. I love that game and I play it very aggressively. I play chess and Risk with an aggressive offense and usually wipe out my opponent(s) quickly. The last time Tom and I played Risk, which was quite some time ago because he got sick of getting his ass kicked, I put him on the defensive on my first turn and wiped him out completely. It then took me about an hour to knock off his best friend and his wife, but I got the job done.

I'm unbeatable at Risk, Schmo. Lots of people have beat me at chess, but no one has beaten me at Risk and I seriously doubt you could, either. So there.

The self-declared world-champion Risk player,

KA
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

KA wrote:The self-declared world-champion Risk player,

Cool!

My game's Monopoly!

;)
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

liz3564 wrote:
KA wrote:The self-declared world-champion Risk player,

Cool!

My game's Monopoly!

;)

I don't like to play Monopoly very much, but my kids do. We play it quite a bit on a Disney Monopoly set, lol!

Also, I love Castle Risk. I like it better than the original Risk game. I've never been beaten at Castle Risk, either, but I haven't played it very much. Maybe ten times.

KA
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:Damn I love your story posts, Kim! Seriously. You have a way about you...

But I have to say that, although you'd likely beat me at chess, I'd kick your ass at Risk.

:)

Oh, no you wouldn't! I've never lost at Risk to anyone. I love that game and I play it very aggressively. I play chess and Risk with an aggressive offense and usually wipe out my opponent(s) quickly. The last time Tom and I played Risk, which was quite some time ago because he got sick of getting his ass kicked, I put him on the defensive on my first turn and wiped him out completely. It then took me about an hour to knock off his best friend and his wife, but I got the job done.

I'm unbeatable at Risk, Schmo. Lots of people have beat me at chess, but no one has beaten me at Risk and I seriously doubt you could, either. So there.

The self-declared world-champion Risk player,

KA

LOL

I swear that anyone who as ever mentioned an affinity for that game has declared themselves unbeaten. I know I have. But, I must admit, I've been beaten... when the people I was playing with realized if they didn't do something fast, I was going to kick their butts and ganged up on me.

I'm starting to get the feeling you just want me to spank you... (at Risk, of course).
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Some Schmo wrote:I swear that anyone who as ever mentioned an affinity for that game has declared themselves unbeaten. I know I have. But, I must admit, I've been beaten... when the people I was playing with realized if they didn't do something fast, I was going to kick their butts and ganged up on me.

I'm starting to get the feeling you just want me to spank you... (at Risk, of course).

Dang, maybe we can hold an online Risk game somehow.

My dad was so addicted to Risk that my grandma burned the set. Also while on my mission I ran into someone who always played a game of Risk with the missionaries before they were transferred. I probably win as much as I lose, but I do tend to play rather aggressively.

I often lose at chess, but I taught a mission companion how to play 3-d (4x4x4) tic-tac-toe adn then 4-d (4x4x4x4) tic-tac-toe. I do fairly well on the latter.

And then there's Backgammon and Go. I do OK at Backgammon, but I'm still learning Go.

I'm also fairly good at Dr. Mario.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Some Schmo wrote:LOL

I swear that anyone who as ever mentioned an affinity for that game has declared themselves unbeaten. I know I have. But, I must admit, I've been beaten... when the people I was playing with realized if they didn't do something fast, I was going to kick their butts and ganged up on me.

Well, the difference between all the other people who have declared themselves unbeaten and me is that I'm telling the truth! I should confess that I don't play it very often. I haven't played it in years because, obviously, my husband won't play it with me anymore. Our friends we used to play with moved and so my Risk game is sitting covered in dust in the game closet.

I haven't played it in so long, you might be able to beat me, Schmo. But I doubt it. :P

KA
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

KimberlyAnn wrote:I've never lost at Risk to anyone. I love that game and I play it very aggressively.

Ever played Axis & Allies?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:LOL

Well, the difference between all the other people who have declared themselves unbeaten and me is that I'm telling the truth! I should confess that I don't play it very often. I haven't played it in years because, obviously, my husband won't play it with me anymore. Our friends we used to play with moved and so my Risk game is sitting covered in dust in the game closet.

I haven't played it in so long, you might be able to beat me, Schmo. But I doubt it. :P

KA

Aha!! So the truth comes out!

I've played poker once in my adult life and won. I am unbeaten!! (Do you see what I'm getting at here... :))

But, I will say I love your passion for this topic and would love to play you. I don't doubt you'd give me a run for my money.

asbestosman... oh man, my wife and I used to love Dr. Mario. It's one of a handful of video games I could actually get her to play in our many years together. Good times!
Last edited by Alf'Omega on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:I've never lost at Risk to anyone. I love that game and I play it very aggressively.

Ever played Axis & Allies?

I played that game once, and vowed to myself that if I were ever tempted to do so again, I'd stick hot needles in my eyeballs to prepare myself for the pain.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Some Schmo wrote:asbestosman... oh man, my wife and I used to love Dr. Mario. It's one of a handful of video game I could actually get her to play in our many years together. Good times!

Dr. Mario is the only video game my mother will play. We used to have 4 player competitions on the N64 version. Good times indeed!
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO