How do temple TBMs feel about the new barcoded recommends?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:If this is true, I guess I will have to abandon my hope of one final visit to the masonic Mormon theater of pain...

I have a friend who has blank recommends and could get me in... we were planning on one last hurrah this fall while filled with the spirits of Captain Morgan...

*sigh*

I feel it's a good thing because of jackasses like this.
What is wrong with wanting to experience the temple the same way the members first did at the opening of the Kirtland temple? I would fast for a day or so, then drink 5-6 shots of hard liquor just like what was recorded about Kirtland. Perhaps I will have visions like they did?
_christopher
_Emeritus

Re: How do temple TBMs feel about the new barcoded recommend

Post by _christopher »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Bishop: "Brother Jones, I noticed the last time you made it to the temple with your wife was Februrary 23 at 7:12 pm... is there anything I can do to help you and sister Jones get to the house of the lord?"

My guess is that it is more to keep Brother Norton out, than to get Brother Jones in.

Chris <><
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:If this is true, I guess I will have to abandon my hope of one final visit to the masonic Mormon theater of pain...

I have a friend who has blank recommends and could get me in... we were planning on one last hurrah this fall while filled with the spirits of Captain Morgan...

*sigh*

What is wrong with wanting to experience the temple the same way the members first did at the opening of the Kirtland temple? I would fast for a day or so, then drink 5-6 shots of hard liquor just like what was recorded about Kirtland. Perhaps I will have visions like they did?

I find it more depressing that you're consorting with a thief who stole recommends and wanting to enter a non-public building fraudulently for kicks. That would be....oh yeah, criminal. What are you? 14?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Nehor wrote:

I find it more depressing that you're consorting with a thief who stole recommends and wanting to enter a non-public building fraudulently for kicks. That would be....oh yeah, criminal. What are you? 14?

So newhore (sorry, ill only use this pet name sparingly), whats your opinion of the kirtland temple experience of fasting followed by gutbusting intoxication?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Mercury wrote:
The Nehor wrote:I find it more depressing that you're consorting with a thief who stole recommends and wanting to enter a non-public building fraudulently for kicks. That would be....oh yeah, criminal. What are you? 14?

So newhore (sorry, ill only use this pet name sparingly), whats your opinion of the kirtland temple experience of fasting followed by gutbusting intoxication?

I don't have a problem with it and don't see how it relates. I fully expect when Christ to bring wine down with him for some Sacrament Meetings when he returns. What's the issue?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Is the state between chapel Mormonism and internet Mormonism called Bushman Mormonism?

The final result of "the church being true" is the prize. Nothing else matters.

The early Mormons could have sacrificed puppies and kittens and it would not matter.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Is the state between chapel Mormonism and internet Mormonism called Bushman Mormonism?

The early Mormons could have sacrificed puppies and kittens and it would not matter.

When the end comes I wonder if you will be one of those trying to kill off the LDS.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Is the state between chapel Mormonism and internet Mormonism called Bushman Mormonism?

When the end comes I wonder if you will be one of those trying to kill off the LDS.
Silly Neh, do you really believe the rubbish that your seminary teacher told you?

Get over your "chosen generation" self already. They have been laying that one on the Mormon youth for many GENERATIONS.

Two of my seminary teachers told my class that we were a "chosen generation" for being soooo valiant in the pre-existance and that we would be alive to help ushering the second coming of christ.

Anything to keep the youth in the cult I guess.

So back to your question, no I won't be killing off the LDS when the "end" comes, cuz the end ain't a comin..

However, rest assured, I will be killing off testimonies for the rest of my life and ensuring the unwitting non members have their BS sheild installed to keep the Mormons from planting any milkweed seeds in their hearts!
_msnobody
_Emeritus

FYI

Post by _msnobody »

Barcodes can easily be cut apart and pasted together to form whatever barcode number is desired.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Re: FYI

Post by _asbestosman »

msnobody wrote:Barcodes can easily be cut apart and pasted together to form whatever barcode number is desired.

True, but the system could easily be built to look for suspicious number patterns such as number 314159 shows up at the SLC temple a second time while still in the middle of an endowment session. Also the system could easily be extended to verify stolen numbers or even numbers that were never assigned in the first place.

The only question I have is whatever happened to those old FPRs about discernment and catching unworthy people with fake recommends at the entrance? (my personal answer is that God expects us to do all we can).
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO