TED video: Why people believe strange things

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

TED video: Why people believe strange things

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

ROFL. Dude I was taking a sip of water when Shermer played the corrected re-cut of that British singer's song, and I blew water out of my nose. That was pretty funny.

Bring on the TED talks. I loved the Dawkins one. There's actually one with Julia Sweeney here. I'll post this link in another thread. It's hilarious, as partway through she spends a few minutes talking about a conversation with Mormon missionaries. Pretty funny stuff, and I'm surprised nobody mentioned it here yet.[/url]
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Sethbag wrote:It's hilarious, as partway through she spends a few minutes talking about a conversation with Mormon missionaries. Pretty funny stuff, and I'm surprised nobody mentioned it here yet.

It's been mentioned here several times so far.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Hmm, that's odd, I didn't remember seeing that particular one mentioned. Oh well, mind blank I guess. But still, it was pretty funny.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen