Why so much hate towards little ol Mercury?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

GIMR wrote:
Ray A wrote:
Mercury wrote:Dart, Book of Mormon and I are having a fruitful discussion. Can you take a minute from being a blathering hypocrite and accept my beliefs? Besides, if you don't accept me for who I am you are nothing but a hypocrite.

See the rub? I doubt it.

I don't believe you can ever have a "fruitful discussion". My hat goes off to Kevin for even replying. And look at your reply. All you can do is call him a "blathering hypocrite". Very fruitful, indeed. What, you want the discussion to be only between you and Book of Mormon? What a waste of time and space you are.

LOL, first of all, I can't believe this thread was started, and forgive me MD for fanning the flames. I will be spanked, I'm sure. Merc's the little victim now, is he?

Secondly, I don't hate Merc. Hatred is not in my nature these days. I disagree with him.

Thirdly, yes....I feel it...yes. The end is near. I agreed with something RayA had to say (um, Ray? I've been defending your right to be a Mormon for days now, you may eat your words, punk). It'll never ever happen again, but it just did.

The stars may fall from the heavens now.

And Dartangan (I may name a son that...he might hate me, but I love that name), once again you've blown it out of the park. You have far more patience (and knowledge of the more scientific aspect of this subject) than me. Kudos.

Oh please. The child says he has ESP and that his grandmother is psychic. This alone should show you that he is off the deep end.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mercury wrote:
moksha wrote:
dartagnan wrote: He doesn't have time he says.

But strangely enough, he has time to start more threads about the same thing.

I have also noticed that some have vacated the board since the barrage of posts began. My guess is that too much vitriol upsets the PH balance of the board.

Yes, because its all about me. Do not blame me for others decisions unless you want me banned from the board. If so, why don't you bring it up with the mods? Lets discuss this if you have such a hardon for calling me out.

I have no desire to pin this problem squarely on you. Still the problem does exist and I think that the recent departure by the Nehor adds poignancy to this dilemma: You and Porter have a right to your opinions and yet if you couch those opinions in too abrasive of manner, then it will drive other posters away.

I feel compelled to mention this due to my desire to see this board flourish. I am am advocate for free speech and yet I realize that in its unbridled state, it can doom my favorite sites to failure. Too much regulation can be deleterious as well.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Mercury wrote:
GIMR wrote:
Ray A wrote:
Mercury wrote:Dart, Book of Mormon and I are having a fruitful discussion. Can you take a minute from being a blathering hypocrite and accept my beliefs? Besides, if you don't accept me for who I am you are nothing but a hypocrite.

See the rub? I doubt it.

I don't believe you can ever have a "fruitful discussion". My hat goes off to Kevin for even replying. And look at your reply. All you can do is call him a "blathering hypocrite". Very fruitful, indeed. What, you want the discussion to be only between you and Book of Mormon? What a waste of time and space you are.

LOL, first of all, I can't believe this thread was started, and forgive me MD for fanning the flames. I will be spanked, I'm sure. Merc's the little victim now, is he?

Secondly, I don't hate Merc. Hatred is not in my nature these days. I disagree with him.

Thirdly, yes....I feel it...yes. The end is near. I agreed with something RayA had to say (um, Ray? I've been defending your right to be a Mormon for days now, you may eat your words, punk). It'll never ever happen again, but it just did.

The stars may fall from the heavens now.

And Dartangan (I may name a son that...he might hate me, but I love that name), once again you've blown it out of the park. You have far more patience (and knowledge of the more scientific aspect of this subject) than me. Kudos.

Oh please. The child says he has ESP and that his grandmother is psychic. This alone should show you that he is off the deep end.

No, I prefer to leave that judgement to men who abuse any Mormon they come across because Daddy Mormon made their childhood hell.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi