Hey it's a new bunch of LDS forums....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Good work fellas!

We have a bite!

Yediyd said wrote:WOW! How many wives did he have? I'm a convert to lds and Joseph Smith's wives have never been discussed around me. I never really thought about it much...I knew he had more than Emma, but that is all I know...why isn't that as prominent in the history of the church? I saw the Joseph Smith movie...not much was said about his other wives. Is this some kind of embarrassing secret of the church? Not much is said about BY's wives or any of the other prophet's wives...why is that?

The above poster is a 3 year convert who is a single mother who lives in an apartment. She seems to be content taking the free handouts from the women of her ward you feel the need to "serve" her:

I'm a "new" convert of three years. What kept me faith full as Satan attacked and I started to get discouraged was the sense of family that I felt in my ward. I was shown the love and I felt it.

There was the night that the relief society ladies all gathered outside of my balcony window with candles in their hands singing songs of encouragement. and the time the I heard a knock on my door, when I answered it, nobody was there, but there were six bags of groceries sitting there.

Or the time that we opened our door to fond our whole door completely covered in crape paper and balloons and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign above it.

Or when I was in the hospital with pneumonia...The ladies cleaned my whole house including the microwave, fridge and toilets...then plastered paper hearts all over my walls all through the house with verses and encouraging sayings. Then when I got home...they brought over meals and the priesthood brought the sacrament to ME the first two weeks that I couldn't go to church!!

That's not to mention the time I had mt heart attack or the many other instances, just tonight...I just got home from the Hill Cumora Pageant, I live an hour away from the Hill...I have no car, I have been a member 3 years, this is the sixth time I've seen the Pageant...someone ALWAYS offers to take us!!!

There were time when I felt like giving up, It would have been a lot easier if the ladies in the relief society would have left me alone!! I even told them that one Sunday!! I said, sometimes I wish you ladies DIDN'T love me so much!! It's hard to fall away when I am so darned MISSED when I don't come to church!!!
...I LOVE my ward

Wow, imagine her let down when she realizes all of the above was done by ASSIGNMENT and only in an effort to retain her.. task tsk.

Then again she seems to be getting some freebies and these women probably fawn over each other as they talk about how they helped this poor sister... a match made in .... well never mind.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Is anyone going to save that thread? You can change to a printable version at the top (that's easier to save). If not tell me and I'll save it.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I can see several have signed up. I even started a new topic.

When the More Good Foundation sees what you guys have been up to, they may alter the site.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Well it appears I rattled that poor woman's cage a bit. Doubt she comes back any time soon.

Hope they don't delete all those posts.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Bond...James Bond wrote:Well it appears I rattled that poor woman's cage a bit. Doubt she comes back any time soon.

Sweet Joseph!

Good work!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:Well it appears I rattled that poor woman's cage a bit. Doubt she comes back any time soon.

Sweet Joseph!

Good work!

Our posts are still up (for now....) and that woman says she's been over at Nort's site.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Well crap....they went and deleted all of our fun.

Apparently this moderator doesn't even a pair:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Anyone think he can keep me off the board?
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Well crap....they went and deleted all of our fun.

Ya know, guys, when we get drive-by flamethrowers, we move them to Outer Darkness or at least the Telestial forum. I suppose it's too much to ask that you be respectful and dignified when you present your arguments? The gleefulness hurts your credibility, and by extension, ours.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

harmony wrote:Ya know, guys, when we get drive-by flamethrowers, we move them to Outer Darkness or at least the Telestial forum. I suppose it's too much to ask that you be respectful and dignified when you present your arguments? The gleefulness hurts your credibility, and by extension, ours.

It wasn't flamethrowing.....heck all the posts over there could go in the Celestial Kingdom probably.

by the way these guys were also banned:
Dr. Shades
cksalmon
sono hito