Yediyd from LDSForums.com.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Getting seconds on those eggs huh?

Back off, PP. You've had egg on your face often enough to have permanent flipper scars. She apologized. Get past it.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

harmony wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Getting seconds on those eggs huh?

Back off, PP. You've had egg on your face often enough to have permanent flipper scars. She apologized. Get past it.
True. I wonder how much this lady considers jayne to be a friend now... IN MY OPINION, jayne insulted this woman more than we did. We did not know her and were just making generalizations about her... jayne claims to have been a dear friend... *shrugs*
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Bond...James Bond wrote:
jayneedoe wrote:Well, I didn't see anything there that was insulting. I think you guys were very good with her, and she had aid so to me earlier. Like I said, she was upset with the mocking she perceived on this board later. But overall, I just don't see the level of animosity she did.

Sigh.

Jaynee

Most of the more disparaging comments made on the thread here were made before she started posting over there (except for PP's of course) and were more to do with going to an obvious Chapel Mormon board and dropping some of the "meat". When I said I "rattled the poor woman's cage" I was saying it more out of sympathy than to mock her. She probably just doesn't know that 92% of anything I say has some measure of sarcasm/joking to it.
Trying to pass the buck??

Own up to it Jimmy boy. Had you not said jack s*** about that board I would have never said dittly squat about her or that board.

If there is any blame for her feelings being hurt or her leaving the cult, I believe that is all yours. So get out of your corner and pump your fist.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:
jayneedoe wrote:Well, I didn't see anything there that was insulting. I think you guys were very good with her, and she had aid so to me earlier. Like I said, she was upset with the mocking she perceived on this board later. But overall, I just don't see the level of animosity she did.

Sigh.

Jaynee

Most of the more disparaging comments made on the thread here were made before she started posting over there (except for PP's of course) and were more to do with going to an obvious Chapel Mormon board and dropping some of the "meat". When I said I "rattled the poor woman's cage" I was saying it more out of sympathy than to mock her. She probably just doesn't know that 92% of anything I say has some measure of sarcasm/joking to it.

Own up to it Jimmy boy. Had you not said jack s*** about that board I would have never said dittly squat about her or that board.

If there is any blame for her feelings being hurt or her leaving the cult, I believe that is all yours. So get out of your corner and pump your fist.

Alright it was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAY ANY COMPLAINTS AT MY DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take full responsibility for this whole affair.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Geez, Bond. Another affair? You trying to match Joseph or what?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:Most of the more disparaging comments made on the thread here were made before she started posting over there (except for PP's of course) and were more to do with going to an obvious Chapel Mormon board and dropping some of the "meat". When I said I "rattled the poor woman's cage" I was saying it more out of sympathy than to mock her. She probably just doesn't know that 92% of anything I say has some measure of sarcasm/joking to it.

Alright it was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAY ANY COMPLAINTS AT MY DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take full responsibility for this whole affair.
that's better.

You know I am a rabid chapel hound and sniff out mindlessness from the tiniest scrap.

But, needless to say, I've learned my lesson from this.. Someone needs to hang a whole bunch of wet blankets out to dry from this board.

In some ways this board is going in the same direction as the old Foyer board.

*sigh*
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

My wife was in the RS presidency for almost two years. She saw this all the time. Women snipping about how they already helped some other woman, then the RS prez would climb down their necks and tell them it was their assignment. Then during RS prez meetings the RS prez would then bitch about both the needy sisters taking too much and the whiny assigned friends. Experiences like that helped her see inside the belly of the beast.

I don't give a damn what your wife saw or says. I don't trust her interpretation anymore then yours. You are both bitter and nasty about it. You embellish and my guess is she does to.

As for the tithing bit, baptisms(not conversions) are about that you old fool.

No they are not dumb ass. People who believe actually think they are bringing an eternal benefit to these people. I never ever once thought or think about increasing the tithing coffers from converts. Nor do most if any LDS.

HELLO? Do you listen while slumped with your diet Coke in front of the TV during general conference? Hinck loves to wave the membership tally in the members faces. What does that do? It keeps the unwitting members believing the lie that it is rolling forth to fill the earth... and thereby means its TRUE!! PAY MORE TITHING!

Once again we are subjected to your assinine subjective ranting. Can you prove this? If not shut your damn clap trap lying mouth.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

bb
Jason Bourne wrote:
My wife was in the RS presidency for almost two years. She saw this all the time. Women snipping about how they already helped some other woman, then the RS prez would climb down their necks and tell them it was their assignment. Then during RS prez meetings the RS prez would then bitch about both the needy sisters taking too much and the whiny assigned friends. Experiences like that helped her see inside the belly of the beast.

I don't give a damn what your wife saw or says. I don't trust her interpretation anymore then yours. You are both bitter and nasty about it. You embellish and my guess is she does to.

As for the tithing bit, baptisms(not conversions) are about that you old fool.

No they are not dumb ass. People who believe actually think they are bringing an eternal benefit to these people. I never ever once thought or think about increasing the tithing coffers from converts. Nor do most if any LDS.

HELLO? Do you listen while slumped with your diet Coke in front of the TV during general conference? Hinck loves to wave the membership tally in the members faces. What does that do? It keeps the unwitting members believing the lie that it is rolling forth to fill the earth... and thereby means its TRUE!! PAY MORE TITHING!

Once again we are subjected to your assinine subjective ranting. Can you prove this? If not shut your damn clap trap lying mouth.

PP's rants are extreme and skewed, but he does have a point. A small point, but a point nonetheless. If tithing was not required for temple entrance, he'd have no standing. As it is, from a certain perspective, he is correct. Baptism = tithing. Church membership = tithing. Temple attendance = tithing. It's the church's fault they tie everything to paying tithes, and then spend countless talks harping about people not paying as much as they should, even after our leaders never give us a hard and fast rule about what that paying includes. The way to correct this skewed principle is to remove tithing from the Required list, and make it voluntary, not mandatory. I don't know of any other church in which tithes and offerings are mandated.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Blixa wrote:I counsel a deep study of Yukio Mishima's The Sea of Fertility. The ending is both apocalyptically devastating and mind-blowingly transcendant.

Can you be more specific?

jayneedoe wrote:Hi Shades,

I read your post to her, and she absolutely agreed. So I am duly chastened. As always yours is a voice of wisdom.

Thanks for the kind words! I was worried that it might go the other way. :-)

In point of fact, I've read the threads that were available, and I don't see anything offensive, except, again PP's posts. And I have told her a number of times that everyone else was very nice. Yet she is insistent everyone was mocking her. She says there is another thread that was deleted, that I did not see, where this happened.

There were threads deleted over at ldsforums.com, but nothing was deleted here.

Yediyd wrote:Also..Dr Shades, thank you for the kind things you said...

Yediyd, if you're reading this, then you're certainly welcome.

By the way, Dr. Steuss: Ldstalk.com blocked my IP address also.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Blixa wrote:I counsel a deep study of Yukio Mishima's The Sea of Fertility. The ending is both apocalyptically devastating and mind-blowingly transcendant.

Can you be more specific?

Well, the ending had a visceral impact on me---just kind of mind-blowing, and I think that effect can only be achieved after reading a complicated narrative about esoteric Buddhism and Japanese history play out over four volumes. I suppose the immediate effect was utter devastation, so much so that it seemed like Mishima's actions were the only logical ones to follow. On the other hand, it ends in a sort of "spiritual truth" that would give most people pause for thought, I'm betting.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."