Pointers for PP's "Deconversion from Mo-ism" Missi

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Pointers for PP's "Deconversion from Mo-ism" Missi

Post by _Yoda »

PP-

As of late, you have been even more rude to Church members than normal. You have been especially rude to those of us who are "on the cusp", if you will.

As Bond stated so eloquently on another thread,

Bond wrote:Rather than chewing these ladies out who are trying to make the best out of not the best situations (In my opinion anyway)...perhaps you should constrain your criticisms to the culture that pressures them into the pickles they're in. It's obvious these are not TBM people who are completely blinded by faith. They're doing the best they can. They simply don't want to lose the family connections that some people are willing to.

Remember the old saying, "you can get more bees with honey than vinegar"? There's truth to that, my friend.

I know that I, and others, would be much more apt to engage you in conversation if you dropped the abrasive nature.

If you attack me, my family, or my parenting skills, then my attitude is going to be, "the hell with his viewpoints...he is attacking me and I'm going to defend myself."

Just food for thought.
Last edited by _Yoda on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Thought? There's actual thought involved? As in firing off of neurotransmitters in the brain?

Wow...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Pointers for PP's "Deconversion to Mo-ism" Mis

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

liz3564 wrote:PP-

As of late, you have been even more rude to Church members than normal. You have been especially rude to those of us who are "on the cusp", if you will.

As Bond stated so eloquently on another thread,

Bond wrote:Rather than chewing these ladies out who are trying to make the best out of not the best situations (In my opinion anyway)...perhaps you should constrain your criticisms to the culture that pressures them into the pickles they're in. It's obvious these are not TBM people who are completely blinded by faith. They're doing the best they can. They simply don't want to lose the family connections that some people are willing to.

Remember the old saying, "you can get more bees with honey than vinegar"? There's truth to that, my friend.

I know that I, and others, would be much more apt to engage you in conversation if you dropped the abrasive nature.

If you attack me, my family, or my parenting skills, then my attitude is going to be, "the hell with his viewpoints...he is attacking me and I'm going to defend myself."

Just food for thought.
Have you been drinking? IF not you should start.
"Deconversion to Mo-ism" ??

Look I am not here to discuss Mormonism. I am here to reveal it. What I say is the god awful truth. Go ahead and ignore the viewpoints I express, they aren't new and do not originate from me. I am just repeating what has been said many many times before.

I am not here to deconvert any specific person. Read my truths and if they give you the runs or make you wanna puke, then there is your answer.

It irritates me when TBMs come to this board and want to discuss Mormon theology. Take it to the Celestial board.

This board is for straight up laying out the facts of Mormonism. No Plausing, no feelings it might be right, no excusing and don't be telling me to pray. Just plain hard facts about Mormonism. Don't tell me what Paul did or Moses, or Noah, or Jesus... Lets just reveal the plain hard documented facts of the cult of Joe's Myth.

For the record, Liz, I did not attack your family. I simply said that I hoped your daughter does not succumb to the vise like peer pressure from the other girls who all will be married to an RM before they are 20. And yes, 90% of RMs are HORNY little buggers(the other 10% are dweebs),it is a fact of nature... especially the ones that felt too guilty about masturbating.

My advice to your daughter and you about keeping her unwed and engaged in her studies and not a horny RM, is do not send her to a Mormon breedings ground like BYU, BYU-I(ricks) UVSC(BYU-O).. Hell keep her away from any college in Utah and Idaho.

Edit to add: I just read you are sending her to UofU... well.. that's about as far as a student can get from Mormonism...in Utah... She is active though and well, never mind.. Good luck to her.

Second edit:
My bad, you are sending her to Logan? GOOD LUCK.
Last edited by Ask Jeeves [Bot] on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Porter,

It's not your "truths" that make people "wanna puke", it's your delivery.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

PP wrote:Have you been drinking? IF not you should start.
"Deconversion to Mo-ism" ??

Not drunk...just tired....which can sometimes have the same effect when writing. ;)

I fixed the grammar.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

GIMR wrote:Thought? There's actual thought involved? As in firing off of neurotransmitters in the brain?

Wow...

Why don't you go McTherapist on PP?

It IS your MO.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Mercury wrote:
GIMR wrote:Thought? There's actual thought involved? As in firing off of neurotransmitters in the brain?

Wow...

It IS your MO.

Actually, it's Wade's MO.

Where IS Wade?
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

liz3564 wrote:
Mercury wrote:

Wow...

It IS your MO.

Actually, it's Wade's MO.

Where IS Wade?

Well, GIMR must be channeling wade.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning