Do they really think this will work? Video Testimonies: ack!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Do they really think this will work? Video Testimonies: ack!

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

check out these poorly shot testiphonies:

http://www.mormontestimonies.org/Catego ... estimonies

I have seen a few on YouTube.

They are awful. Horrible production quality, but worse than that, they are the typical canned "I know the choich is twoooo" kind. Many blather on in typical Mormon fashion about Smith etc...

Good god Gordon! Do the brethren know about this?

I wonder what kind of reaction the EV, BA, and other Xtians have to these sorts of regurgitated and often rote speeches..

There is one where a girl writes about how she prayed about her eternal mate. How Zoobie is that?(Zoobie is a nickname for BYU students)
This was sooooooo common with the horny RMs back when I was attending UVCC back in the early 90s..
A matter of days after our breakup, this special young man came to me and told me he wanted to continue dating me. As I continued in prayer over the relationship, I received blessed guidance from the Lord and, one night, a confirmation that I would be most happy if I married him. In June, about five months after we broke up, we married in the Temple.

WOW. I thought the kids where smarter these days...

I wonder if the above girl is related to one of the key founders of FairLDS... same last name.. *shrugs*
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Yeah there's a whole channel of these on youtube.....it's really a joke to think that anyone gives a crap (especially considering anyone who goes looking for Mormon stuff on youtube will probably run into a much more convincing anti-Mormon video.) Is this all done by the More Good Foundation group?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

She described her husband as "this special young man" twice. In fact, I don't think she referred to him any other way.

Holy cow. Can you imagine how wild their honeymoon night must've been, knowing that she sees him as "this special young man?"
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Dr. Shades wrote:She described her husband as "this special young man" twice. In fact, I don't think she referred to him any other way.

Holy cow. Can you imagine how wild their honeymoon night must've been, knowing that she sees him as "this special young man?"

Its such a Mom phrase...*shudder*
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Yah, the phrase is a bit creepy. But maybe she's a closet perv and we can all rest easy at night knowing they have a marvelous, kinky, pvc filled sex life.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Yah, the phrase is a bit creepy. But maybe she's a closet perv and we can all rest easy at night knowing they have a marvelous, kinky, pvc filled sex life.

PVC? Holy smokes. *gulp* Nevermind, I don't want to know!
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Post by _mocnarf »

Dr. Shades wrote:She described her husband as "this special young man" twice. In fact, I don't think she referred to him any other way.

On their honeymoon night, it was no doubt his "special purpose" in which she was must interested.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

harmony wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Yah, the phrase is a bit creepy. But maybe she's a closet perv and we can all rest easy at night knowing they have a marvelous, kinky, pvc filled sex life.

PVC? Holy smokes. *gulp* Nevermind, I don't want to know!

I don't want to know either. That was sort of my point. ;)