Big Love, Big Love, Big Love

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Big Love, Big Love, Big Love

Post by _Blixa »

I've been waiting, waiting, since Monday, for Bond to bring up his Big Love thread, but guess if you want something done you gotta do it yourself. Sheesh! And I thought I was gonna get to kick back as a Goddess and let all the Gods and mortals do the work!

(Frankly, I'm surprised Bond wasn't all over this episode since it featured some Margene-on-Bill action.)

This week delivered the two words I've been praying to hear ever since the series started:

Blood.

Atonement.

I've been wondering if this would be how Roman will eventually explain the death/removal of Prophet Hendrikson. Now that the term has been uttered---but no definition of the historically ambiguous practice, yet---let's hope this leads to where some bodies are buried.

Also of interest was the fact that we now have THREE rival Mormon fundamentalist factions: Juniper Creek, the scary inbred Green clan, and the "pervert" Abbots. Which do you think April "anti-polyg crusader" Blessing hails from?

I think the Green hit squad wives are modeled roughly on the LaBaron women who were sent to snuff Rulon Allred. I continue to be pleased by the deft hand for historical nuance the writers of the series have.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Blixa wrote:(Frankly, I'm surprised Bond wasn't all over this episode since it featured some Margene-on-Bill action.)

You're slipping, Bond! All I've heard is you complaining about "no Margene skin". LOL

I hate that I don't have HBO right now. GRRR! Don't they have the first season out on DVD? I may have to rent them.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

After reading the threads on here I may have to rent it as well.
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Re: Big Love, Big Love, Big Love

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Blixa wrote:(Frankly, I'm surprised Bond wasn't all over this episode since it featured some Margene-on-Bill action.)

That was pretty cool, but I wish they would have shown more of Margene (other than her back, everything else was strategically covered). Bummer.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Sorry....Jeez. I'll post my Big Love thoughts on that same thread (just to keep things nice and tidy, so keep an eye out for it).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Oh like my thread ain't good enough for you?
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."