Exmormon Coven Meeting Notes

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Polygamy Porter wrote:So then Ray, you believe that Smith translated the plates into the Book of Mormon, but dismiss his "revelation" on the booze?

I think the WoW was a good revelation. In the late 1920s the Church made the WoW a requirement, and I think they foresaw the consequences of what we now bear. I think the revelation given in D&C 89 is very good advice.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Ray A wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:So then Ray, you believe that Smith translated the plates into the Book of Mormon, but dismiss his "revelation" on the booze?

I think the WoW was a good revelation. In the late 1920s the Church made the WoW a requirement, and I think they foresaw the consequences of what we now bear. I think the revelation given in D&C 89 is very good advice.
With that statement, in your opinion Ray, which president began leading the members astray?
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Polygamy Porter wrote:With that statement, in your opinion Ray, which president began leading the members astray?

Undoubtedly Heber J. Grant, who was himself an alcohol addict in his youth. He realised the effects it had on him, and I would say this influenced his beliefs to some extent. At least I know I will never have drunk Mormons in my cab, at least the active, believing ones. It would be a pleasure to transport them anywhere.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

This thread reminds me....I really should begin my next batch (or two) of mead. My last one turned out better than i thought it would! Just ask SleepingWillow over on exmo-social.com (he is the one that i gave it to)
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Sono_hito wrote:This thread reminds me....I really should begin my next batch (or two) of mead. My last one turned out better than I thought it would! Just ask SleepingWillow over on exmo-social.com (he is the one that I gave it to)

Oh sleeping willow was banned from MAD for responding to one of my posts. I feel so bad about that. I didn't understand what had happened at the time and have felt terrible about it ever since. He was trying to be helpful and he was banned.