Gordon B Hinckley Killed my Mission President

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Gordon B Hinckley Killed my Mission President

Post by _Mercury »

It was a cold Minnesota night and all of the missionaries from 4 states and 2 countries were gathered to hear the prophet speak to us. He came, we all stood and made our subservient stand and singing of we thank thee oh god for a tithing slip. Neal A Maxwell was supposed to speak too but the lazy bastard said (and im quoting here) "when the prophet speaks the thinking has been done". Tools.

So during the Hincksters 5 minute talk he said that my former mission president M (out 6 months previously and replaced by president G) had given a service "recognized by the Lord". The prophet/GA/wives of said confidence men left and President M spoke to us. He was somewhat flushed.

He sat down and President t G spoke. President M fell over in the chair he was using on the stand. He got up and began to walk out of the chapel packed with most of the elders he served with. Most of us still saw him in a fatherly way. I still do.

Prez M made it to about a few steps after the sacrament table and collapsed between the pews, right in front of me. We did the oil and chant thing. The paramedics worked on him for an hour and carted him off. He was announced dead an hour after leaving.

Theres no point to this story really, just thought some of you might find it interesting.

Later the missionaries would remark, a faith promoting story run about concerning hinckleys words and how they needed a man like Prez M up fighting the spiritual war for souls. Laughable. The Guy had a diet that he didn't stick to. Sigh.
Last edited by FAST Enterprise [Crawler] on Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

54 States? Were you there representing the state of absurdity?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

moksha wrote:54 States? Were you there representing the state of absurdity?

Edited down to 4
Lost in time
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

moksha wrote:54 States? Were you there representing the state of absurdity?

OMG! I have the worst head ache and that made me laugh so hard! Ouch. :)
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Gordon B Hinckley Killed my Mission President

Post by _harmony »

Mercury wrote: The Guy had a diet that he didn't stick to. Sigh.

Oh, horse pucky. GBH didn't kill anyone. He killed himself, by not sticking to his diet.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

harmony wrote:

Oh, horse pucky. GBH didn't kill anyone. He killed himself, by not sticking to his diet.

that's my point. If you seriously believe that I believe GBH killed prez M then I gotta wonder how you perceive me.
Lost in time
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Mercury wrote:
harmony wrote:

that's my point. If you seriously believe that I believe GBH killed prez M then I gotta wonder how you perceive me.

I was referring to your fellow missionaries, but obviously I wasn't clear. Sorry, Merc.