The Question of Hypocrisy---Help Me Understand....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I think it's ridiculous to believe you have to act and say the exact same things in every venue. PP, if you agree with his statement I'm pretty sure you're a hypocrite if you don't go to work and act like you do here.

Same for you Mercury.
Well, silly sally, I do goto work.

I work as an engineer and can vouch for Merc.

Put the blindfold back and and keep stabbing in the dark...

Geezz.. PP. I KNOW you go to work. Do you act the exact same way there as you do on here?

This is probably why Americans are considered ugly Americans in the rest of the world. We should NOT act exactly the same in all venues. We should be able to flow through different segments of society and different venues and act appropriately within them.

Stabbing in the dark? Are you trying to read in the dark?

**Oh, I'm apparently thinking in the dark*** :)

I should have written I'm pretty sure you're a hypocrite if you go to work and don't act like you do here.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I think it's ridiculous to believe you have to act and say the exact same things in every venue. PP, if you agree with his statement I'm pretty sure you're a hypocrite if you don't go to work and act like you do here.

Same for you Mercury.

Geezz.. PP. I KNOW you go to work. Do you act the exact same way there as you do on here?

This is probably why Americans are considered ugly Americans in the rest of the world. We should NOT act exactly the same in all venues. We should be able to flow through different segments of society and different venues and act appropriately within them.

I should have written I'm pretty sure you're a hypocrite if you go to work and don't act like you do here.
When someone asks a stupid question at work they get the same kind of response from me.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Polygamy Porter wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

Same for you Mercury.

When someone asks a stupid question at work they get the same kind of response from me.

Umhm.

Anyway. By rcrockets definition I'm quite the hypocrite. And I don't mind at all. Different things for different times and places.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:

Umhm.

Anyway. By rcrockets definition I'm quite the hypocrite. And I don't mind at all. Different things for different times and places.
Grovel for misery somewhere else.

This is a Mormon discussion board. I see believing Mormons on this board publicly expressing their differing opinon on things LDS, these are known as hypocrites on this board.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Polygamy Porter wrote:Grovel for misery somewhere else.

This is a Mormon discussion board. I see believing Mormons on this board publicly expressing their differing opinon on things LDS, these are known as hypocrites on this board.

Yah. Although that wasn't rcrocket's definition of a hypocrite. His was a bit broader.

Grovel for misery? :) How do you do that?
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

barrelomonkeys wrote:

Yah. Although that wasn't rcrocket's definition of a hypocrite. His was a bit broader.

It's ok, Book of Mormon. PP consistently has a problem with reading comprehension. It's part of his charm.

;)
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:

It's ok, Book of Mormon. PP consistently has a problem with reading comprehension. It's part of his charm.

;)
that's funny coming from someone who does not comprehend or understand her own doctrine.. :P

by the way, was the change in avatar due to our calls of hypocrisy?
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

No...several friends requested it on the Off Topic forum, and I obliged. Bond thinks I'm hot, so I enjoy torturing him on a regular basis. ;)
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

that's funny coming from someone who does not comprehend or understand her own doctrine.. :P

I understand the Church doctrine just fine. What bugs you is that I allow myself to pick and choose what to believe. I allow myself to think critically, and question things that don't jive with my logic, but still take in the good that the Church has to offer.

Am I an opportunist in that respect? Yes.

Edited to add----The reason I countered you on your assessment of my being a hypocrite by rcrockett's definition is because it didn't fit. If you met me in person, I'm the same person I am here. Ask the people who have chatted with me in the chatroom. I'm the same person there.

I don't hide my feelings about the Church. I never have.
Last edited by _Yoda on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:

No...several friends requested it on the Off Topic forum, and I obliged. Bond thinks I'm hot, so I enjoy torturing him on a regular basis. ;)
Huh. May I ask if this was talken shortly after coming home from church?