Must-see video

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Must-see video

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

It's not about Mormonism, but I would take it as a call for any religion, including Mormonism, that has scriptures of revenge and exclusion to renounce them and become god-like.

http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp? ... wmv&ak=nul
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Re: Must-see video

Post by _Tarski »

Lucretia MacEvil wrote:It's not about Mormonism, but I would take it as a call for any religion, including Mormonism, that has scriptures of revenge and exclusion to renounce them and become god-like.

http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp? ... wmv&ak=nul

wow!
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Kickin' ass and takin' names.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Who Knows wrote:Kickin' ass and takin' names.

I thought it was funny that that one cleric lookin' dude could only think of responding by asking
"are you a heretic?? are you a herectic??"
What an impenetrable mentality.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Thanks for posting this.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Tarski wrote:
Who Knows wrote:Kickin' ass and takin' names.

I thought it was funny that that one cleric lookin' dude could only think of responding by asking
"are you a heretic?? are you a herectic??"
What an impenetrable mentality.

Kind of reminds one of FAIR's message board. Just like in the video, there is the appearance of an open conversation going on. But when it comes down to the tough issues, if the apologists are backed into a corner, accounts get suspended.

translate "are you a heretic?" into apologeticese:

"You have not given an answer!" (one that falls within the realms of current apologist beliefs)

"We've answered this!" (within the realms of current apologist beliefs)
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.