A puzzle about resurrection...weird! (For Believers)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Joseph Smith stated that all things that have sence enough to move when you put your finger next to them will be resurrected. Whether or not this pertains to the microorganisms found in and on the human body I do not know. It would seem to me that such creatures are needed for maintenance. The question then is, does an immortal being require maintenance. We know that a resurrected body can eat, as Christ did with the Apostles on at least three occasions. But does a resurrected being require food ? Is it digested int he same way?

Blood entered the world with the Fall of Adam. It is the corruptable element of mortality and is what makes us succeptable to death. Blood is thus associated with a sinful state and condition, hence the phrase that by raiseing the warning voice we rid ourselves of the blood or sins of others (2 Ne. 9:44).

As the corruptible element in the body, blood represents mortality, or that witch is earthly. "Flesh and blod cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 15:50), while resurrected beings have bodies of "flesh and bone" (D&C 129:1-2).

"God Almighty Himself dwells in eternal fire; flesh and blood cannot go there for all corruption is devoured by the fire. "Our God is a consuming fire." When our flesh is quickened by the Spirit, there will be no blood in this tabernacle." - Joseph Smith Jr.., DHC 6:366, May 12, 1844
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Lucretia MacEvil wrote:
Orson Pratt said: ...the principle of blood which flows in the mortal tabernacles of men did not exist in his immortal body; but his veins and arteries contained a fluid of a far purer nature than that of blood:

That sounds great, as long as it's not too pure to cause erections.

When did sex become impure?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Continuous Revelation..

Post by _Inconceivable »

ajax18 wrote:
..Which might explain why we haven't seen much doctrine invented lately by the Brethren on this subject or anything for that matter. Has anyone else noticed that? It seems like the amount of statements about what the resurrection will be like, Celestial kingdom, really died down after Joseph Smith.

You make an interesting point, Ajax.

I think it could be a matter of perspective.

The revelations of the past 50+ years are that many of docrinal "revelations" of the first 50+ years are NOT revelations at all.

If we could conjure up the revelators or the 1800's, what would they be thinking about what the current ones have done with their revelations??
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Re: Continuous Revelation..

Post by _silentkid »

Inconceivable wrote:If we could conjure up the revelators or the 1800's, what would they be thinking about what the current ones have done with their revelations??

I think they'd be pissed. I'd like to see a UFC style cage match between Brigham Young and Bruce R. McConkie. I can see McConkie yanking on Brigham's beard while screaming that the Adam-God doctrine is false and heresey.