The restitution of... animal sacrifice!?!?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

ROFL. It's not enough that we adopt the ancient mythologies of Bronze Age tribes - we have to adopt their barbarity too.

I wonder when a modern-day Joshua will be appointed in the church to lead the hordes of the Elders of Israel in wiping out every man, woman, child, infant, and pet dog and cat of some people whose land the Lord has appointed to the Mormons for an inheritance.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Sethbag wrote:ROFL. It's not enough that we adopt the ancient mythologies of Bronze Age tribes - we have to adopt their barbarity too.

I wonder when a modern-day Joshua will be appointed in the church to lead the hordes of the Elders of Israel in wiping out every man, woman, child, infant, and pet dog and cat of some people whose land the Lord has appointed to the Mormons for an inheritance.

Actually according to the book God is going to do that for us.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Loquacious Lurker
_Emeritus

Post by _Loquacious Lurker »

The Nehor wrote:
Sethbag wrote:ROFL. It's not enough that we adopt the ancient mythologies of Bronze Age tribes - we have to adopt their barbarity too.

Actually according to the book God is going to do that for us.

He's such a nice guy. I wonder why I don't like him.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Loquacious Lurker wrote:He's such a nice guy. I wonder why I don't like him.

You can't make paradise unless you clean out the jerks. Death is a relocation, nothing more.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Good. Let's make the United States a paradise by relocating all the Republicans to Canada.

-California "What if I don't want to be relocated?" Kid
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I suspect that now the only animal sacrifices in the Temple will be on the grill in the cafeteria.

Carolina Honeys (the ribs not the girls) can be quite mouth watering, eh?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I wonder if I have not seen other BY statements about animal sacrifice and the possibility of an altar for such built in the SL Temple? If I have time today, I'll try to track them down.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

The Nehor wrote:
Loquacious Lurker wrote:He's such a nice guy. I wonder why I don't like him.

You can't make paradise unless you clean out the jerks. Death is a relocation, nothing more.

Kinda like Manifest Destiny. Unfotunately, most of the "jerks" in the Old Testament had no idea they were jerks until god's army descended on them and killed them all for not worshipping him. But I already know the Mormon response to this- Since they had no knowledge of the gospel when they died they will go to the middle kingdom, or something like that, so the invading Israelites actually did them a favor by killing them before they had a chance to learn about the gospel and then deny it.
"We of this Church do not rely on any man-made statement concerning the nature of Deity. Our knowledge comes directly from the personal experience of Joseph Smith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"It's wrong to criticize leaders of the Mormon Church even if the criticism is true." - Dallin H. Oaks
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

I recall one of the testimonies against Joseph Smith regarding his money-digging. I forget the witness but he said that on one occassion Joseph's seeking ability faded so he decided to sacrifice a goat to compensate for it, in which case his ability was restored.

I always thought this testimony proved people were out to just make up ludicrous stuff about the Prophet, but after reading this thread, I wonder if there is any truth to it.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Good. Let's make the United States a paradise by relocating all the Republicans to Canada.

So Canada could become the most powerful country in the world...

Seriously, wasn't it the democrats who were threatening to move to Canada after Bush was re-elected...
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein