Rumor intrigue and paranoia

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

He is rather yummy.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

He is rather yummy.

For shame, for shame, all you female harlots! What would your husbands say?

Actually, if your husbands are anything like my sweetie, we make a joke out of it. He has long had a celebrity crush on Sheryl Crow, just like I have had on Josh, so we like to tease each other about it, and point out cellulite or bad press about the crush to each other.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

beastie wrote:
He is rather yummy.

For shame, for shame, all you female harlots! What would your husbands say?

Actually, if your husbands are anything like my sweetie, we make a joke out of it. He has long had a celebrity crush on Sheryl Crow, just like I have had on Josh, so we like to tease each other about it, and point out cellulite or bad press about the crush to each other.

My husband thinks my celebrity crushes are funny, just as I think his salivating over Salma Hayek is funny.

Ray once made comments about me being a "dumb, married blonde" salivating over Jeremy Irons as if my finding him attractive is an act of infidelity against my husband. Thinking that is even sillier than having celebrity crushes! My husband has no worries - he knows me well enough after sixteen years to know that.

And yes. I'll share Josh with you. :)

KA
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

My husband thinks my celebrity crushes are funny, just as I think his salivating over Salma Hayek is funny.

Exactly my point. It would take a very insecure person in a very bad relationship not to realize celebrity crushes are funny, and certainly no threat to the relationship.

Ray once made comments about me being a "dumb, married blonde" salivating over Jeremy Irons as if my finding him attractive is an act of infidelity against my husband. Thinking that is even sillier than having celebrity crushes! My husband has no worries - he knows me well enough after sixteen years to know that.

So it was you, I did remember he'd done this once before. He likes to call us stupid and insinuate we're sexually immoral, doesn't he? His behavior here is a testament to the spiritual power of the Book of Mormon, because clearly he's an example to us all.

And yes. I'll share Josh with you. :)

As if you had a choice!

I actually want Josh to marry some beautiful, intelligent woman. Imagine the babies they'd produce.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

beastie wrote:I actually want Josh to marry some beautiful, intelligent woman. Imagine the babies they'd produce.

I want that, too, and I feel fairly confident that will happen for him. He's a catch.

KA
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I've often wondered why he's still single - and I've never heard a whiff of a rumor about him being associated with any woman (or man, just in case, although I don't get that vibe from him). Either the rest of the world has no idea who Josh is, and his fan base is very small and hence he's not newsworthy, or he's succeeded in having a very private life.

Penn & Teller

_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

beastie wrote:I've often wondered why he's still single - and I've never heard a whiff of a rumor about him being associated with any woman (or man, just in case, although I don't get that vibe from him).

Alright I'll admit it....I'm Josh.

Alright....not really.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Ladies, you're taking things way too seriously. The "dumb blonde" comment to KA was anything but serious, and I even joked about it afterwards. Go check the thread if you want "verification". Beastie, I couldn't care who you have a crush on, nor for that matter if you played up on your boyfriend. It would not interest me in the slightest. I'm dealing with real life dramas like this in my own family, as if I would care what someone on the Net does.

My celebrity crush has always been Nicole Kidman, and I once had an avatar of her on MADB. Some apparently thought it was "inappropriate", so I removed it. I just find the fascination a bit repetitive, like teenage girls giggling at Dolly magazine photos. Why not go off-topic and discuss your celebrity fantasies.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Sorry, Ray, I never did appreciate the type of humor that involved calling people stupid and twits. My exhusband loved that type of humor - or let's say he loved to insult me and his children and then, when we got offended, claim it was a "joke" and we didn't have a "sense of humor" - but I believe insulting people under the veil of "humor" is a dodge. You just want to insult people and use the "joke" as an excuse afterward.

Of course, maybe this is a cultural difference. Maybe, to people in Australia, it's wildly funny to call someone a dumb blonde, or moderately stupid, or a twit.

I just find the fascination a bit repetitive, like teenage girls giggling at Dolly magazine photos. Why not go off-topic and discuss your celebrity fantasies.

You're the one who keeps bringing it up. I couldn't even figure out who you were talking about at first.
Last edited by Tator on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penn & Teller

_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Alright I'll admit it....I'm Josh.

::::faints::::

by the way, I couldn't read your FINE PRINT. ;)

Penn & Teller