Rumor intrigue and paranoia

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

beastie wrote:
Ray is inciting future acts of mass violence again.

Beastie and her oh-so-partisian retorts.

Go spend a night with Josh, beastie, sounds like you're bored. Another anti-Mormon critic I have no time for. I just wish I had seen your true colours earlier. You have a complete addiction to anti-Mormonism. You are a TRUE anti-Mormon, and it shows.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Yes, I'm bored and have insomnia. It's always fun to point out when you're going "off" again. It appears to be cyclical.

Go spend a night with Josh, beastie, sounds like you're bored.

When I first read this, I thought "Josh who? What in the heck is he talking about?" Then I remembered my past comments about Josh Berenstain. Oh brother. Odd things stick in your craw.

Another anti-Mormon critic I have no time for. I just wish I had seen your true colours earlier. You have a complete addiction to anti-Mormonism. You are a TRUE anti-Mormon, and it shows.

Yes, the moment I pointed out the logical inconsistencies and frank bizarre nature of your insistence that rude and beligerent comments made by exmormons on places like RFM would be responsible for inciting future waves of violence against Mormons, I became a TRUE anti-Mormon in your book.

I think that speaks volumes.

And you have a complete addiction to anti-anti-Mormonism. You just can't stay away from it. You pretend that you did it in some Wade-like mirror exercise (which those of us who know you for a while could see through), but now it appears you've dropped even that pretense, and just indulge yourself for the exact same reason your twins at RFM do. Really, are you this incapable of seeing your own hypocrisy? If someone on RFM posted that Daniel Peterson should be crow food and implied he should have the dignity to hang himself, you'd post it as an example of the type of commentary that was going to cause a future escalation of violence against Mormons that would require them to establish their own anti-defamation league.

What I wish I had seen in you before is that you're extraordinarily silly.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

beastie wrote:Yes, I'm bored and have insomnia. It's always fun to point out when you're going "off" again. It appears to be cyclical.

Ho, Ho, Ho, Beastie has Scratch's disease! LOL. Do you think that phases me, dude, I mean, chic? You are as full of S*** as Scratch is.

beastie wrote:When I first read this, I thought "Josh who? What in the heck is he talking about?" Then I remembered my past comments about Josh Berenstain. Oh brother. Odd things stick in your craw.

You can't even get the name of your pseudo-lover correctly. Tsh, tsh! Are you more interested in his archaeology, or his looks? I would say the latter.

beastie wrote:Yes, the moment I pointed out the logical inconsistencies and frank bizarre nature of your insistence that rude and beligerent comments made by exmormons on places like RFM would be responsible for inciting future waves of violence against Mormons, I became a TRUE anti-Mormon in your book.

I think that speaks volumes.

Volume one, two, or three? You are such a TWIT!

beastie wrote:And you have a complete addiction to anti-anti-Mormonism.

'Till the day I die.

beastie wrote:You just can't stay away from it. You pretend that you did it in some Wade-like mirror exercise (which those of us who know you for a while could see through), but now it appears you've dropped even that pretense, and just indulge yourself for the exact same reason your twins at RFM do. Really, are you this incapable of seeing your own hypocrisy?

Not at all. It's called "hypocrisy for the Lord". LOL. You are such a TWIT.

beastie wrote:If someone on RFM posted that Daniel Peterson should be crow food and implied he should have the dignity to hang himself, you'd post it as an example of the type of commentary that was going to cause a future escalation of violence against Mormons that would require them to establish their own anti-defamation league.

Well they already have their own anti-Mormon league. And they, exmos, worship that more than they ever did Mormonism.

beastie wrote:What I wish I had seen in you before is that you're extraordinarily silly.

At least I'm not a BITTER anti-Mormon.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Keep going Ray, you're a great advertisement.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

beastie wrote:Keep going Ray, you're a great advertisement.

And I only charge $30 an hour. But at least I tell the truth.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

I thought the Josh referred to was Josh Skains.

Boy, I need to take another nap.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

beastie wrote:
No, that's not necessary. Missionaries are expressly forbidden from going near "bodies of water" (including swimming pools) since the Devil "has dominion over the waters." When you inquire into this, you will inevitably be told that the "real" reason is that missionaries are tempted by girls in bathing suits. So, the "fear of water" is really just another "fear of sex."

My understanding wasn't that it was to prevent missionaries from seeing girls in bathing suits, but due to a scripture that stated that, in the last days, satan would rule over the waters. I'm pretty sure this caution against waters was invoked in the early days of the church before women were swimming in revealing bathing suits. That may be an explanation invoked to make the caution look less superstitious, but I really don't think it's the primary impetus behind it.

My personal opinion is that the current rules about missionaries and water has more to do with liability. The church has strick rules about what sports missionaries can play and what p-day activities they can engage in (there was even a rule about no full-court basketball for heaven's sake). Looking at it I believe it has to do with tyring to take all precautions so that missionaries are put in as little danger as possible so that there are less medical bills and even less deaths.

Indeed, if fear of bathing suits were the thing, then why doesn't BYU have it in their rules along with the strict ban on facial hair (except mustaches)?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mister Scratch wrote:
No, that's not necessary. Missionaries are expressly forbidden from going near "bodies of water" (including swimming pools) since the Devil "has dominion over the waters."

Yes, Neptune is in the Pantheon, but what about Uranus?

Sorry, didn't mean to get personal...
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

harmony wrote:I thought the Josh referred to was Josh Skains.

thanks for the belly laugh...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I thought the Josh referred to was Josh Skains.

Heh, you know what's REALLY funny is that this is who I first thought he was referring to as well. That's why my reaction was: what in the blazes is he going on about now?

Lesson: Ray is apparently more obsessed with my crush on Josh B than I am. :O

Penn & Teller