Rumor intrigue and paranoia

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

My inbox over here has pm's from and to Bond, Mr Scratch, Why me, Jersey Girl and Aquinas (who didn't keep in touch sigh).

I quite like the pm feature because it allows you to get to know people a little better.

I wish Juliann would use it more, particularly when she wants to make a barbed (and sometimes unfair) comment about one of my posts on the Mad board. (which seems to have mostly emptied of quick-minded and witted people outside of active Mormonism who genuinely have different points of view....still a few trugging along though)

Mary
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
This is probably true....but I try not to be too afraid of shadows and other boogie men until they actually hurt me.

Paranoia and being afraid is something "bogeyish" is common to angry exmos. They think Mormonism is "totally insignificant", yet about to take over America and the world. They want to "change it", though in reality they think it's overall influence is - Zero.

Talk about oxymoronic. Or maybe just - Moronic?
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Ray A wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:
This is probably true....but I try not to be too afraid of shadows and other boogie men until they actually hurt me.

Paranoia and being afraid is something "bogeyish" is common to angry exmos. They think Mormonism is "totally insignificant", yet about to take over America and the world. They want to "change it", though in reality they think it's overall influence is - Zero.

Do you mean "Mormonic"? The Church instills a great deal of fear in people: fear of sex, fear of water (for goodness sake!), fear of movies and popular culture, etc., etc., etc. Try another line of argument, you pathetic flip-flopper.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Ray A wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:

Do you mean "Mormonic"? The Church instills a great deal of fear in people: fear of sex, fear of water (for goodness sake!), fear of movies and popular culture, etc., etc., etc. Try another line of argument, you pathetic flip-flopper.

Fear of water? Do I need to start a new thread?
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
Ray A wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:

Fear of water? Do I need to start a new thread?

No, that's not necessary. Missionaries are expressly forbidden from going near "bodies of water" (including swimming pools) since the Devil "has dominion over the waters." When you inquire into this, you will inevitably be told that the "real" reason is that missionaries are tempted by girls in bathing suits. So, the "fear of water" is really just another "fear of sex."
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote: Try another line of argument, you pathetic flip-flopper.

At least I'm not an vile anonymous coward, and a hypocrite to boot, who attends Church but does not believe ONE word of Mormonism. "Human beings" like you should be crow food.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:No, that's not necessary. Missionaries are expressly forbidden from going near "bodies of water" (including swimming pools) since the Devil "has dominion over the waters." When you inquire into this, you will inevitably be told that the "real" reason is that missionaries are tempted by girls in bathing suits. So, the "fear of water" is really just another "fear of sex."

Do you ever get tired of being negative about everything Mormon, crowfood? You are the epitome of the word "yellowbelly", meaning yellowbelly snake. This "deduction" of yours (above) is another example of your reading into policies your own devious reasoning and motives. Sure, "sex" had a lot to do with the "fear of water", especially in the 19th century! LOL.

You reason like a centipede with three legs.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

So let me tell you again, "Scratch". I can respect Benson and Bachman to some degree. At least they have the guts to put their real names to their criticisms, and cop it sweet when necessary.

You, "Scratch", represent all the worst traitors in history who ever lived.

Even Judas could eventually admit he was wrong, and had the dignity to go hang himself.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

No, that's not necessary. Missionaries are expressly forbidden from going near "bodies of water" (including swimming pools) since the Devil "has dominion over the waters." When you inquire into this, you will inevitably be told that the "real" reason is that missionaries are tempted by girls in bathing suits. So, the "fear of water" is really just another "fear of sex."

My understanding wasn't that it was to prevent missionaries from seeing girls in bathing suits, but due to a scripture that stated that, in the last days, satan would rule over the waters. I'm pretty sure this caution against waters was invoked in the early days of the church before women were swimming in revealing bathing suits. That may be an explanation invoked to make the caution look less superstitious, but I really don't think it's the primary impetus behind it.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Even Judas could eventually admit he was wrong, and had the dignity to go hang himself.

Ray is inciting future acts of mass violence again.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com