John Gee up to Bat at Fair Conf.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Hey big mouth, call up Fair and offer to SPEAK at their conference.

Never mind, from the interactions on this board, I bet you are too scared of facing all of those real apologists who are backed by LDS Inc

Look, man, the only thing I'm afraid of is tornados. But even so, I have no interest in speaking in public. Why should I spend my energy when it's not appreciated? I'm tired of the whole thing and have pretty much thrown my hands up. But let me tell you, I won't let those BYU guys push the missing roll theory and men dressing up as women without screaming bloody murder! They are not going to get away with it. I think my many comments and complaints, including my website makes that perfectly clear. The BYU guys are not my apostles and prophets. I don't care how much time they spend with the apostles and prophets or how much they are liked by the apostles and prophets. I take my orders directly from the apostles and prophets and when they have something to say then I will listen. The BYU guys are just fish in the sea.

I feel that my efforts have made some difference. If not, oh well.

Paul O
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

CaliforniaKid wrote:Man, Ritner has a downright obscene number of publications.

In all fairness, John Gee is a very competent Egyptologist. He knows his stuff. However, Egyptology in itself can be debated from every angle. It's not like everything is all figured out.

But with all that said, Gee's Book of Abraham apologetics sucks. He is in the hot seat.

Paul O