Brethren and Discernment?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Nehor, may I ask you a personal question?

Are you taking any anti depressants, mood altering drugs or AHAD/ADD meds?

You don't have to answer the question, if it is too personal.

I ask because I believe it relates to the experiences that you are sharing.

You may ask the question.

No, I have never in my life had a regimen of drugs designed to help me psychologically. In the last year other than occasional over the counter painkillers for headaches I've had Vicodin for several days to help with a kidney stone and a treatment of antibiotics to clear up a bronchial infection.

The only current medical condition I have is scoliosis which causes me back pain 3-4 times a year and provides me an incentive not to get fat to avoid complications.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:
I think people get it from their patriarchal blessings sometimes.

You do not receive any spiritual gifts from patriarchal blessings. They are personal scripture, and only give you a gift in the sense that they give you a bit of perspective on your own potential.
Personal scripture??? Oookaayy
A patriarchal blessing of a good friend of mine stated he would not taste death until the second coming of christ to the earth.

He died two years ago from cancer.

By the time he was diagnosed, he was stage four. The docs told him if he did nothing, he had six months and would seem heathy most of the time and would then die rather quickly. They then offered him an new experimental treatment which was grueling and very difficult to endure. They would pump him full of toxins for a week then flush him clean. It would take a week to recover, he would enjoy a day or two of feeling almost normal then back to the toxin treatment.

He opted for the experimental treatment because he was told in his stupid palm reader patriarchal blessing that he would live until the second coming of christ, and figured this was a test he had to endure.

One year later, he finally died. I say that because the treatments he endured were horrid. At his death his wife said he was basically dead for the past year due to the treatments. I visited him often and after five months it was unbearable. He had two or three good days each month.

Had he not been coerced into becoming a lab rat for the docs, he would have at least enjoyed the last six months of his life. Goddamn Mormons and their witch craft patriarchal blessing bullcrap.